Discussion Board

Regular Contributor

Signsis with PublisherID

Hi All,

I need to know whether I can install a Symbian C++ application on to a device, when the .SIS file has been signed with a PublisherID (certificate and private key) ?, I know that this is possible, if, the .SIS file has been signed with a developer certificate or has been self signed. Is signing the .SIS file with the PublisherID only to be used for Symbian signing process. Please enlighten.

Regards,

Shanker

Nokia Developer Champion

Re: Signsis with PublisherID

Quote Originally Posted by nair.shanker View Post
    Hi All,

I need to know whether I can install a Symbian C++ application on to a device, when the .SIS file has been signed with a PublisherID (certificate and private key) ?, I know that this is possible, if, the .SIS file has been signed with a developer certificate or has been self signed. Is signing the .SIS file with the PublisherID only to be used for Symbian signing process. Please enlighten.

Regards,

Shanker
    Of course, you can install your application which has been signed with developer certificate and uses Publisher ID.

Kiran.
    Nokia Developer Wiki Moderation team

Nokia Developer Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by nair.shanker View Post
    Hi All,

Regards,

Shanker
    Just to add to Kiran, remember though that the developer certificate should include the IMEI of the device[/s] which you plan to install the application on!

Nokia Developer Moderator

The question here is whether the root certificate against which the PublisherID certificate must be checked is installed on the phone and thus, if the PublisherID itself can be used as a "developer certificate". The answer is NO.
    -- Lucian

If you are not yet a DVLUP member it is time to correct that mistake :) Click here to join: http://www.dvlup.com/lucian/Invite