Discussion Board

Thread: 6.1 SDK woes

6.1 SDK woes

I have installed the latest Symbian 6.1 release 60 SDK from Nokia on my PC. I have managed to get hold of VC++6 and it is at SP4, I am running windows XP home edition SP1. Unfortunately I can not build any of the example applications. For example When trying to build the series60 example HelloWorldPlus (following the instructions word ) I go to the C:\Symbian\6.1\Series60\Series60ex\HelloWorld\group directory. I type

bldmake buildfiles

and this seems to work without error producing ABLD.BAT that looks like the following -

@ECHO OFF

REM Bldmake-generated batch file - ABLD.BAT
    REM ** DO NOT EDIT **

perl -S ABLD.PL \SYMBIAN\6.1\SERIES60\SERIES~2\HELLOW~2\GROUP\ %1 %2 %3 %4 %5 %6 %7 %8 %9
    if errorlevel==1 goto CheckPerl
    goto End

:CheckPerl
    perl -v >NUL
    if errorlevel==1 echo Is Perl, version 5.003_07 or later, installed?
    goto End

:End

I then try to proceed by compiling for the emulator

abld build wins udeb

and get the following error messages

nmake -nologo -f "\Symbian\6.1\Series60\EPOC32\BUILD\SYMBIAN\6.1\SERIES60\SERIES~2\HELLOW~2\GROUP\EXPORT.make" EXPORT VERBOSE=-s
    NMAKE : fatal error U1045: spawn failed : Invalid argument

Stop.
    nmake -nologo -f "\Symbian\6.1\Series60\EPOC32\BUILD\SYMBIAN\6.1\SERIES60\SERIES~2\HELLOW~2\GROUP\WINS.make" MAKEFILE VERBOSE=-s

Stop.
    perl -S makmake.pl -D \SYMBIAN\6.1\SERIES60\SERIES~2\HELLOW~2\GROUP\HELLOWORLDPLUS WINS
    nmake -nologo -f "\Symbian\6.1\Series60\EPOC32\BUILD\SYMBIAN\6.1\SERIES60\SERIES~2\HELLOW~2\GROUP\WINS.make" LIBRARY VERBOSE=-s
    NMAKE : nmake -nologo -s -f "\Symbian\6.1\Series60\EPOC32\BUILD\SYMBIAN\6.1\SERIES60\SERIES~2\HELLOW~2\GROUP\HELLOWORLDPLUS\WINS\HELLOWORLDPLUS.WINS" LIBRARY
    fatal error U1045: spawn failed : Invalid argument

Stop.
    nmake -nologo -f "\Symbian\6.1\Series60\EPOC32\BUILD\SYMBIAN\6.1\SERIES60\SERIES~2\HELLOW~2\GROUP\WINS.make" RESOURCE CFG=UDEB VERBOSE=-s
    NMAKE : nmake -nologo -s -f "\Symbian\6.1\Series60\EPOC32\BUILD\SYMBIAN\6.1\SERIES60\SERIES~2\HELLOW~2\GROUP\HELLOWORLDPLUS\WINS\HELLOWORLDPLUS.WINS" RESOURCEUDEB

Stop.
    nmake -nologo -f "\Symbian\6.1\Series60\EPOC32\BUILD\SYMBIAN\6.1\SERIES60\SERIES~2\HELLOW~2\GROUP\WINS.make" TARGET CFG=UDEB VERBOSE=-s
    NMAKE : nmake -nologo -s -f "\Symbian\6.1\Series60\EPOC32\BUILD\SYMBIAN\6.1\SERIES60\SERIES~2\HELLOW~2\GROUP\HELLOWORLDPLUS\WINS\HELLOWORLDPLUS.WINS" UDEB

Stop.
    nmake -nologo -f "\Symbian\6.1\Series60\EPOC32\BUILD\SYMBIAN\6.1\SERIES60\SERIES~2\HELLOW~2\GROUP\WINS.make" FINAL CFG=UDEB VERBOSE=-s

I try to build for my VC++6 by typing

abld makefile vc6

and get the following error message

nmake -nologo -f "\Symbian\6.1\Series60\EPOC32\BUILD\SYMBIAN\6.1\SERIES60\SERIES~2\HELLOW~2\GROUP\VC6.make" MAKEFILE VERBOSE=-s
    perl -S makmake.pl -D \SYMBIAN\6.1\SERIES60\SERIES~2\HELLOW~2\GROUP\HELLOWORLDPLUS VC6

Stop.

Can anybody help me fix this please????

RE: 6.1 SDK woes

Why is there so little response from anybody with respect to this question - Is there another way that I can try and get this fixed??

RE: 6.1 SDK woes

Please can somebody from Nokia try to answer this question as I am completely unable to proceed in my work without this functionality, and as much as I have tried over the last 2 days I am unable to fix this problem myself.