Discussion Board

Exclamation Certified MIDLET and LAN

Hi.
    I need to install a certified MIDLET on my 3110c and the only way to do that seems to be installing the JAD file, but unfortunatelly latest Nokia PC Suite only supports JAR installation.
    Downloading JAD from a web server where both JAD & JAR have been copied is supposed to work.
    Connecting my phone to the Internet should be strightforward, but I'm wondering if there's some way to connect it to my LAN PC (USB cable or bluetooth) and downloading both JAD & JAR from my own PC.
    Of course I know I could open my LAN firewall and allow connections to the web server from the INTERNET, but I would like to have my phone downloading directly from LAN / USB / Bluetooth or whatever without accessing the INTERNET.

Accessing the internet using my own router / PC shared connection could be a solution as well.

(I want to save the money VODAFONE would ask me for accessing the INTERNET... )

Thanks.
    Best regards.
    mbil74

Super Contributor

Re: Certified MIDLET and LAN

If your PC does support Bluetooth, you can send JAD and JAR to your device with out using PC suite or you can use data cable to transfer the MIDlet to your device.

Regards
    Gopal

Re: Certified MIDLET and LAN

Quote Originally Posted by balagopalks View Post
    ...or you can use data cable to transfer the MIDlet to your device.
    I would have never guessed that I just needed to copy JAD file to install it...

It worked.
    Thanks.

Best regards.
    mbil74