Discussion Board

Problems encountered on 3410 while downloading via OTA

Hi there,
    I am using nokia 3410 version 04.09 wap 1.1 browser support. I have configured my webserver to wap server by adding the MIME types which are required for jad,jar,wml and wmlc files.
    Now my application is working fine on the emulator of 3410 sdk which is integrated with Nokia Developer suite(Stand Alone). The problem arises when i start downloading my application to the device via OTA . It gives Page not found error. why is it so??
    I thought there must be some problem with my application so i tried downloading midlets from other sites like www.midlet.org . Over there it gives unsupported_media_type error. Is there some problem with the Wap gateway . I am from India (Mumbai). And i am using Orange wap gateway. Does anyone knows is this gateway SAR enabled . The only knowledge about this wap gateway is that its version is 2.1.
    My midlets are hosted on www.microamis.net/common/mobileapps.wml . I am very much sure about the http headers and proper cases of the midlet applications. Can somebody else check out why it gives different errors i.e. if i download the appln from other sites error is unsupported_media_type and when the downloading is done from my server the same midlet appln error is Page not found.

Regards,
    Arun Jadhav
    Micro Technologies India Ltd.,
    Email:arunj@microtechnologies.net
    Ph: 727878324 / 25

Nokia Developer Expert

RE: Problems encountered on 3410 while downloading via OTA

Hello

I think it is better is you contact your operator and ask possible
    problems in their gateway.

I checked you WML page and the result was:

HTTP/1.1 200 OK
    Server: Microsoft-IIS/5.0
    Cache-Control: max-age=31536000
    Expires: Fri, 09 Jan 2004 08:20:16 GMT
    Date: Thu, 09 Jan 2003 08:20:16 GMT
    Content-Type: text/vnd.wap.wml
    Accept-Ranges: bytes
    Last-Modified: Fri, 03 Jan 2003 06:01:26 GMT
    ETag: "1066f28cedb2c21:a5e"
    Content-Length: 785

And MIME type for wml page was correct.

A useful tool for checking that you have the correct MIME types set up on your server is the web-based header reader at:
    http://www.delorie.com/web/headers.html

You enter the URL of your WML, JAD, or JAR file (use correct case) and click on the view page button. The website then makes a request to your site and displays information about the HTTP headers that are returned. The header results should be:

WML file:
    Content-Type: text/vnd.wap.wml

JAD file:
    Content-Type: text/vnd.sun.j2me.app-descriptor

JAR file:
    Content-Type: application/java-archive

Please to to download pointing straigly to JAR file,
    If your Server is ok,
    wap settings are OK and you can browse wap pages
    the you should be able to download your MIDlet to the mobile phones.

Error must then be in operators GateWay.
    In case you still can not download the midlet to the mobile, you could try to upgrade your SW but this is not the case this time.

I hope this helped you