Discussion Board

Nokia N7x cannot display Thai characters

I am developing an application displaying Thai characters. It displays ok on Nokia 6620, E51, N82, but cannot display on Nokia N7x. Is something wrong with my application or Nokia N7x does not support Thai characters?

Nokia Developer Moderator

Re: Nokia N7x cannot display Thai characters

N7x could be anything from N70 (S60 2nd FP3) to N78 (S60 3rd FP2), a range covering in between 4 platform releases. On which platform are you really seeing the problem?

I would suggest that you discuss this issues in the Symbian UI forum and then return here and give feedback once you are sure/convinced that the problem belongs truly to the platform, though since the thing works on some devices makes me believe that this is at best a device issue and not a platform one.

Any feedback on Forum Nokia's Services?
    -- Lucian

If you are not yet a DVLUP member it is time to correct that mistake :) Click here to join: http://www.dvlup.com/lucian/Invite

Super Contributor

Re: Nokia N7x cannot display Thai characters

In addition to what ltomuta answered, the phones sold in different regions support different set of languages (and glyphs). Apparently the N-something phone you tested does not support the thai-glyphs.

Hartti