Discussion Board

Problems encountered while downloading via OTA

Hi there,
    I am using nokia 3410 version 04.09 wap 1.1 browser support. I have configured my webserver to wap server by adding the MIME types which are required for jad,jar,wml and wmlc files.
    Now my application is working fine on the emulator of 3410 sdk which is integrated with Nokia Developer suite(Stand Alone). The problem arises when i start downloading my application to the device via OTA . It gives Page not found error. why is it so??
    I thought there must be some problem with my application so i tried downloading midlets from other sites like www.midlet.org . Over there it gives unsupported_media_type error. Is there some problem with the Wap gateway . I am from India (Mumbai). And i am using Orange wap gateway. Does anyone knows is this gateway SAR enabled . The only knowledge about this wap gateway is that its version is 2.1.
    My midlets are hosted on www.microamis.net/common/mobileapps.wml . I am very much sure about the http headers and proper cases of the midlet applications. Can somebody else check out why it gives different errors i.e. if i download the appln from other sites error is unsupported_media_type and when the downloading is done from my server the same midlet appln error is Page not found.

Regards,
    Arun Jadhav
    Micro Technologies India Ltd.,
    Email:arunj@microtechnologies.net
    Ph: 727878324 / 25

Nokia Developer Expert

RE: Problems encountered while downloading via OTA

Hi,

I tested to download SMSMidlet and Pang (Adventurer's jar file size is too big for 3410) and both failed. I used 3410 with sw 4.26 and 7210 with the latest sw.

SMSMIDlet gave error message "File format not recognised" and Pang gave "Invalid File" message. I used Nokia Artuse Wap Gateway so it seems that only gateways are not the problem. I guess you should check up the content of the JAD files. For example MIDlet-Jar-URL and MIDlet-Jar-Size are very critical.

BTW. Current Nokia Java phone emulators do not much care about the content of the JAD files.

Best Regards,
    JP / Forum Nokia

Nokia Developer Expert

RE: Problems encountered while downloading via OTA

Hi,

I tested again with 3410 and 7210. SMSMidlet can be downloaded succesfully, but Pang fails ("invalid file&quot.

I checked the gateway's log and it doesn't give any errors. So I'm quite sure that there are still some problems in Pang's jad, jar or manifest file.

Best Regards,
    JP / Forum Nokia