Discussion Board

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Question N95 8g NAM - FL3 in firmware - Network selection crash not patched?

Just got a new N95 8gig NAM with the newest firmware (with FlashLite 3 already on-board) and I'm getting the "crashing" issue when selecting an access point during a network request from a FlashLite3 app.

This was apparently fixed for FlashLite2 via a patch (http://wiki.forum.nokia.com/index.ph...ses_the_player).

However, since FL3 is in the firmware, I can't follow those instructions to uninstall FL3, install this patch and then re-install FL3.

Is there going to be a new patch for FL3? Is this a known issue? Is there some other workaround?

Thanks in advance!

Cheers,
    g.

ps - I searched the forums, but didn't see anything specific about this. Sorry if it's a repeat.

Super Contributor

Re: N95 8g NAM - FL3 in firmware - Network selection crash not patched?

This known issues you pointed to should not cause any problems on the new firmware.

Did you build the FL3 app to allow Network Access?

For example see here
    http://device54.com/blog/2007/12/fla...-security.html

Hartti

Hey there

Yup - test app set for "Network Access". Copied to phone (tried both in normal and "trusted" folder), run app, asks to select Access Point, press "OK" over desired AP, FL3 app closes and I'm back at "Media" screen.

I did, however, notice that there is a newer firmware (20.2.005) so I found a SIM card and am testing to see if that fixes it (it's currently on 1.2.011).

Will report back one way or another once the update is done.

Thanks!
    g.

Upgraded firmware to 20.2.005 and still have the same issue -- even if I just select "Search for WLAN". FlashLite Player closes and I'm back at "Media".

Edit - I should also add that I'm using without SIM card and testing ONLY via WLAN network access, so I'm in "Offline" mode.

Cheers,
    g.

Regular Contributor

Hi,
    can you access network from browser (in offline mode using wlan)?
    I remember once having this issue in some phone.

Hi,

Quote Originally Posted by Jii5Hoo View Post
    can you access network from browser (in offline mode using wlan)?
    Yes, I'm able to connect to the network and use the browser (and Flash in the browser) using only WLAN in offline mode without any problems. (In fact I was browsing some dev forums on the phone's browser looking for answers while I was in the access point testing area ).

Question Re: N95 8g NAM - FL3 in firmware - Network selection crash not patched?

Is there a public bug reporting area where I can report this issue? What is the protocol for bugs?

Thanks
    g.

Hey all

Has anyone been able to reproduce this issue, or has there been any internal talk about this? I'm bummed that I can't do any network app testing with FL3 on the N95 (at least none that try to use WLAN network access without mobile network access).

Steps to repro (in case anyone wonders or wants to test):

1 - Start with a N95 8gig with FL3 in firmware, no SIM card, WLAN access point defined and available (and working with browser)
    2 - create FlashLite 3 app with "Network Only" access given (or put app in trusted folder)
    3 - Publish app and copy to N95
    4 - Launch Flash Player and start app
    5 - Select "Yes" in the "Allow Flash to establish network connection" dialog
    6 - in the "Select access point" dialog select _anything_
    7 - Flash Player closes and you end up back at the "Media" screen (note that Flash Player is not indicated as still being running -- it has totally exited)

Cheers,
    g.

To bring an update and some closure to this issue -- in case anyone is having the same problem and wondering what's going on -- I tried the N95 8gig NAM _with_ a SIM card and selection of network access still completely closes the Flash Player. This is NOT limited to "offline" mode or WLAN selection.

I have received a N78 and everything works fine, so this seems to be limited to the N95.

Hopefully there will be a firmware update for the N95 to fix this.

Cheers
    g.

..., Earth, Brazil, Paraiba, Campina Grande

Hi gwygonik,

I've got exactly the same problem yesterday. If i execute the *#0000# command on the phone (a N95 8GB). I get the followings information:

V 20.2.005
    30-04-08
    RM-421
    Nokia N95 (A6.02)

I've just upgrade the firmware to the newest version. I already tried everything in this thread. Have you got some solution?

I've got the exact same problem on my N95 8GB NAM as well.

Sorry but this is kind of unexcusable after they had the exact problem earlier in the year with the N95-3. I'm sure they product owners at Adobe can't be happy with this either. One of the main reasons I bought the phone was for FL3 testing and I have no network access.

SO WHERE'S THE PATCH?

As I said, my "solution" was to put the N95 back in its box and switch to the N78. Perhaps you still have time to send your N95 back and get a new phone? Just kidding Seriously, I really don't think there is an actual software solution at this time; the N95 is kind-of left hanging in no network selection land.

If/when FL 3.1 hits the Adobe labs or makes it's way into a Nokia update, maybe this will get resolved. (Not that it's an Adobe issue, but maybe Nokia will push a patch at the same time).

Maybe they'll also fix the "pressing the right soft-key while editing a textfield closes the Flash player" bug. (I know, I know... Now I'm dreaming. )

Nokia Developer Expert

Have you tried to change the language of the phone? If I change mine to Spanish for example, it works perfectly.

I have another post asking for a solution for this (http://discussion.forum.nokia.com/fo...d.php?t=149409)

I hope somebody from Nokia can solve this ASAP.
    Roberto

Thumbs up Re: N95 8g NAM - FL3 in firmware - Network selection crash not patched?

Quote Originally Posted by rvilanov View Post
    Have you tried to change the language of the phone? If I change mine to Spanish for example, it works perfectly.

I have another post asking for a solution for this (http://discussion.forum.nokia.com/fo...d.php?t=149409)

I hope somebody from Nokia can solve this ASAP.
    My friend , I don't know how you came up with this weird solution, but it worked for me!

I support your request for a fix on this

Thanks for the post

Thumbs up Re: N95 8g NAM - FL3 in firmware - Network selection crash not patched?

Wow. Seriously -- how did you figure this one out?

Perhaps there is a missing or corrupt string in the English language dictionary/resource files? But we'll leave Nokia to figure that one out.

Good catch - and yes, this does work. Anything other than English language allows FL3 to select and connect to the network.

Wow.

Cheers,
    g.