Discussion Board

Problem in receiving pictuire message on Nokia 7650

Hi,

I am sending a picture message of size 72*28(256 bytes) on Nokia 7650 using AT command using GSm modem the phone can not display the image while Nokia 3310 can receive the same picture. But when i reduce the size of the picture ie. 72*14(130 bytes) Nokia 7650 can receive it. What is the problem on 7650 for that larger(256 bytes) picture ? The format of the picture is .otb.

Nokia Developer Expert

RE: Problem in receiving pictuire message on Nokia 7650

Hi!

Why don't you send one 72*28 picture from Nokia 7650 to your GSM modem and see the message structure and study that.

Teemu / Forum Nokia

Problem in receiving picture message on Nokia Symbian handset

Hi All,

I am sending a picture sms through my application to nokia handsets. If the image width is more than 72 pixel then it is not getting displayed in Symbian handsets like N series and E series, it shows (Message format not supported message while trying to open the message) where as there is no issue in receiving this picture in other Nokia handsets like 3310, 7210 etc. I have an image which is of width 96 pixel. It can not be reduced further. Any help in sorting out this issue is highly appreciated.
    Last edited by SailajaTripathy; 2009-05-25 at 10:21. Reason: Thread no longer exists

Nokia Developer Moderator

Re: Problem in receiving picture message on Nokia Symbian handset

Hi, as this thread is well over 6 years old, I would think it would be better to just open new threads. the platform they used back then is not really the same as the platform is nowadays. 7650 was using SDK 0.9, which is not even available anymore..