Discussion Board

Thread: EnsymbleGUI

EnsymbleGUI

I have released a Software which helps you to use ensymble.py...

download it from xils.net -> downloads -> series 60 -> EnsymbleGUI

download ensymblegui 0.5.0 full and unpack it in c:\ensymble
    then download ensymblegui 0.6.5 light and replace the ensymblegui.exe in c:\ensymble

(you can also only download version 0.6.5 and use your existing ensymble.py files or download them, in version 0.5.0 full all needed files (except for python 2.5 win version) are included, though it is not recommended to use version 0.5.0 anymore because of many enhancements in version 0.6.5)

then start ensymblegui.exe click on the ? and move the window away from the main screen. then set the python file you want to use py clicking on it in the file window, then if you whish to, click on the svg button (under the files window) and click on the svg icon file you want to use, then leave every other edit box blank.

Now try to click on Create SIS and look into the log window wheter ensymble.py outputs any error.

good luck

Regular Contributor

Re: EnsymbleGUI

Great app mate but I've done what you said and not sis file is made

you have to make sure that .py files are executed with python directly and not opened by notepad, etc. i prefer using activepython which is delivered with a very good editor...

Regular Contributor

Quote Originally Posted by elkneo View Post
    you have to make sure that .py files are executed with python directly and not opened by notepad, etc. i prefer using activepython which is delivered with a very good editor...
    Will give it a go mate.

Regular Contributor

Thumbs up Re: EnsymbleGUI

Hi elkneo,
    great work man,
    this is a great add-on to ensymble and really easy to use.
    I already love it
    Can we hope for a possibility to add capabilities to our apps and sign it with *.cer and *.key?

kind regards
    novis

Yes, a new version is already in development i' going to add al the ensymble features and look for bugs. if you discover any please mail me at: guybrush@xils.net thanks !

Regular Contributor

This is Great,
    looks like becoming a standard developer feature.
    ok, this is quite bold now, but would it even be possible to include a feature for creating folders on installation and put some files (e.g. *.png or *.txt) into it?

I'd be among the very first tester and users

kind regards
    novis

Yes, this is definetivly the feature im going to implement next. so you can finally add all your stuff to you app. more info coming sooon.