Discussion Board

Thread: Welcome

Hybrid View

(Retired) Nokia Developer Admin.

Welcome

Welcome,
    Please use this discussion board for discussion about the Mobile Service Architecture specification JSR 248 and the ongoing JSR 249. The discussion board is intended to provide a new channel for developers to shape the future Java platforms that will be implemented in mobile devices.

Ron

Re: Welcome

When we will see JSR249?

Please let me ask one thing...

How can you think to support JSR249 if you doesn't support neither JSR256 on your flagship phone?
    Last edited by sblantipodi; 2008-08-10 at 20:44.

Quote Originally Posted by Nokia Ron View Post
    Welcome,
    This discussion board is intended to provide a new channel for developers to shape the future Java platforms that will be implemented in mobile devices.
    Future Java Platforms. Thats will be great. even the Series 40 6th Edition is amazingly great than any else, when compared to all Mobile Handsets of this range. We all believe that the future will be much brighter for the Java Platform.

Thank you.

series 40 was greay/excellent many years ago, now that we can buy a 600MHz phone with Android 2.2 for 99€ I really don't see any future for series 40.
    if you can see it, don't tell me that there is someone who spent less than 99€ for a phone and than spend money to buy apps for phones.

series 40 will be ok for free apps, nothing good for the others.

Nokia Developer Champion

With new browser capabilities on S40, they are as good as any other Smart phones - when you compare the experience with - cloud based mobile apps - which is a big buzz word now - due to easy of development (using HTML/CSS/JS) - pay as you go feature.

These new cloud based apps do not need any big computing/storage power of the client device - the phone - the performance will just depend on the network connectivity/bandwidth - which is same for both for smartphones or featurephones S40 - say either GPRS/EDGE/3G or Wifi/WiMax/LTE
    thanks,
    ~Amitabh
    (Champion of the Month -Aug'13)
    Follow me on my blog for Innovative Mobile Apps

Quote Originally Posted by im2amit View Post
    With new browser capabilities on S40, they are as good as any other Smart phones - when you compare the experience with - cloud based mobile apps - which is a big buzz word now - due to easy of development (using HTML/CSS/JS) - pay as you go feature.

These new cloud based apps do not need any big computing/storage power of the client device - the phone - the performance will just depend on the network connectivity/bandwidth - which is same for both for smartphones or featurephones S40 - say either GPRS/EDGE/3G or Wifi/WiMax/LTE
    there are apps and apps, and there are many situations, often there is no connectivity and an offline apps is required.

Nokia Developer Champion

With HTML 5, even the mobile Cloud apps will be able to provide you will required offline user experiences to cover the no-connectivity time & work. Thou mobile is a connected device now... with networks available in trains and flights too.
    thanks,
    ~Amitabh
    (Champion of the Month -Aug'13)
    Follow me on my blog for Innovative Mobile Apps