Discussion Board

Exclamation MANET for gaming

Hello,

I am a PhD student in Hungary and I deal with mobile ad hoc networks. We are working on a framework, which can help mobile devices to find each other, connect and maintain the ad hoc network. My research area is how to bring this technology into the industry.

Telecommunication companies want us to use 3G, but in MANETs, the communication goes in a direct way e.g. via WiFi, independently from any fix infrastructure. It is free, a higher bandwidth can be reached, and you can use it even for a few minutes.

If anybody is interested in my topic, please reply here or privately.

Adam Horvath
    NYME Sopron, Hungary

Regular Contributor

Re: MANET for gaming

Cool idea to work upon, so you are connecting mobile phones just like we connect our laptops with Wifi?

Hey my email id is shubhendra{dot}singh{at}yahoo{dot}co{dot}in

Feel free to mail me there instead of replying here.
    IDEAS is all they need but still they think only Genius can give them that.

Hi i am Aly salim a PHD student aswell i am working on improving MANETS for mobile multiplayer gaming and i was wondering whether we could maybe have a chat or even do some work together if you like.

i am a PHD student aswell looking at mobile multiplayer gaming using MANETs if you want just email me and we can have a chat about our work and even maybe do some colaborative work together. alysalim@hotmail.com

hi, i am a student and was trying to develop a MAS application for blue tooth.I also wanted to know if mobile phones could be connected just like we set up an ad-hoc wireless lan using laptops without using any routing device.

Super Contributor

Dear all,
    Interesting subject indeed, but please I urge you to communicate directly to the requestor by private messaging. This way you do not need to publicly inform your e-mail addresses on this board.

Best,
    Marko
    [FONT="Comic Sans MS"][COLOR="Blue"][/COLOR][I]Marko Lumivuori
    Technical Support
    +358 40 8019330
    [email]marko.lumivuori@nokia.com[/email][/I][/FONT]