Discussion Board

About Nokia Software Update (i.e. Firmware Update)

Hi,
    Pls Help me ,i m trying since last 2 days.....PLs

My question is while i m going to update my firmware by using the nokiaUpdateSoftware which is available in the nokia site for 6630
    but while i have intalled it at the last it giving me the Error like "The Update which r doing for the device is not available please try again".....
    WHY is it so?
    What is required more?

I have download the nokia Software updater from the nokia site.Whose size is 22 MB .I have installed it properly as well the other drivers are also installed in the PC.Which are the XML driver,nokia Flashing cable driver,cable driver.

After that it is asking for atach the device using cable after that it is also asking for updating the firm ware from old Version v_3_0 to v_5_2 but at the last it is giving the Error "For Your Device there is no Update Available.Please try again Later"

The Sofware which is 22 M.B. is geeral for the All Nokia Phone as far as my knowledge is concerned but for Nokia 6630,6680 it is not working.

Super Contributor

Re: About Nokia Software Update (i.e. Firmware Update)

Hi and welcome to the Forum Nokia Discussion Boards.

These discussion boards are for developers who write software for mobile devices. A more suitable place for your problem is the Firmware Updates section of the end-user forum. There you will probably get faster answers from people who might have experienced the same problem.

Regular Contributor
    "On a b'ful lil palnet called EARTH belongs wid Galaxy named MilkyWay in Universe"

Exclamation Re: About Nokia Software Update (i.e. Firmware Update)

Hello talk2mishal. Welcome in Nokia Forum.
    Mishal Sorry to say tht its wrong place. This is forum for developers not end user problem. You may get response at
    http://discussion.europe.nokia.com/

hav a nice day,,
    ===With Symbian===
    "Something Has Survived..!!!"

Thanks a lot for giving this type of useful links.

I have tried to post the newpost but i didn't find that which links u have given me bfr.

Can u guide me how can i post my softareUpdateProblem of firmware in the Links which u have forwared me in the last Post reply.?

Just give me the Steps from where to where go in the Firmware problem post .?

so i can easily post in the right place .
    Thanks a lot once again with an anticipation for help .

Nokia Developer Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by talk2mishal View Post
    Thanks a lot for giving this type of useful links.

I have tried to post the newpost but i didn't find that which links u have given me bfr.

Can u guide me how can i post my softareUpdateProblem of firmware in the Links which u have forwared me in the last Post reply.?

Just give me the Steps from where to where go in the Firmware problem post .?

so i can easily post in the right place .
    Thanks a lot once again with an anticipation for help .
    http://discussions.europe.nokia.com/...rd.id=swupdate
    In that link just above 'Announcement' you have a 'Start new topic' click there to start a topic.
    But my advise would be to search first there to see if the same problem that you have has been dealt with.

Also just a quick note regarding your problem, its probable that the available updates are not meant for your specific model. But more in the end-user forum

Quote Originally Posted by Symbian_Neil View Post
    http://discussions.europe.nokia.com/...rd.id=swupdate
    In that link just above 'Announcement' you have a 'Start new topic' click there to start a topic.
    But my advise would be to search first there to see if the same problem that you have has been dealt with.

Also just a quick note regarding your problem, its probable that the available updates are not meant for your specific model. But more in the end-user forum

Thanks A lot for such a nice n vaaluable advise....
    i will manage nyhow now...