Discussion Board

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Hybrid View

Nokia 6300i with Voip - other than Gizmo5

I have bought an Nokia 6300i and this one have only one choice for an IP-provider, and this is Gizmo5.
    I have been in contact with NokiaCare for 3 months, without any solution to use my danish IP-provider FONET.DK.
    I am told that 6300i should work with any IP-provider, if I got the right OMA DM sent by SMS.

Are there someone here you could help me?

Kindly regards,
    Ove

Re: Nokia 6300i with Voip - other than Gizmo5

Hi Soegaard,

Exact same story here! I bought a 6300i a few days ago under the impression it was going to have a similar VoIP client as the one integrated in the N95's S60 (which I tried and works flawlessly).

I guess our only option is either a firmware update by Nokia itself or WidSets. I think an update would be best, since would integrate all VoIP functions in the phone's OS AND will definitely boast Nokia's 6300i sales. I mean, what's the point in getting a 6300i rather than a 6300 if you can only use Gizmo5 for VoIP ? What about all the other customers like us with our own SIP VoISP?

Interestingly, from this document I understand they are working on it, but it's not quite ready.

So, to all users looking for a review of 6300i VoIP functions before purchase: DON'T BUY IT. At the moment 6300i firmware is far from being ready for a native VoIP client.

I am very unhappy that Nokia will send a new mobile phone on the market, where they advertise in that it has its own VoIP, which can be used on the user's own IP client.
    Nokia is a very long time to come up with an individual temporary solution, or an update of the software with VoIP rel. 7.2. Nokia must be able to make a setup on our IP client as they can send us as SMS.
    Kindly regards,
    Ove

Quote Originally Posted by magisterlindus View Post
    Interestingly, from this document I understand they are working on it, but it's not quite ready.

So, to all users looking for a review of 6300i VoIP functions before purchase: DON'T BUY IT. At the moment 6300i firmware is far from being ready for a native VoIP client.

The VoIP account creation menu in the 6300i seems to go to a web page where the VoIP providers are listed (btw. noticed that one gets different listing when one has SIM card in the phone and when one does not have SIM card in the phone. Some sort of fitlering applied when SIM card is present ?). Has anyone found any information how the VoIP providers can be added to that page ? e.g. would it be possible to suggest new VoIP providers to be added to the page that we see in 6300i account creation menu.

Some people say in the Net that using nowSMS tool its possible to configure Nokia phones via SMS by sending a configuration XML, would that XML mean in 6300i VoIP case this: http://www.forum.nokia.com/info/sw.n...s_Example.html

?

Haven't tried OMA DM yet.

Nokia Developer Champion
    Yet, the Nokia 6300i has no user interface for creating or changing a VoIP setting except this online assistant (currently just with a few predefined settings) driven by Nokia. To create your own:
    1. VoIP for Series 40 (more details for S60; even a graphical tool)
    2. libwbxml
    3. Patch for libwbxml (really required?)
    4. OMA DM or OMA CP (which allows SMS and Bluetooth as transport)
    So in theory the idea is, to change an example XML file to your settings according the tutorial and convert that into WBXML. Then change the file ending of that WBXML to .prov and send it as file over Bluetooth to your Nokia 6300i. Correct? That is the ‘easiest’ way I found so far.
    Last edited by traud; 2008-06-30 at 07:27.

Well I too took some trial and error but i never made it working...
    http://www.surfindya.com

The none patched libwbxml seems to work as well

I really need your help SUDUDE
    Your expertise in the conversion of XML to WBXML using LIBWBXML, I would like to draw on.
    Quite exactly what do you do to get a WBXML file. I have looked at the pages you have mentioned, but this is not a pice of cake for me.
    I have downloaded the Microsoft Visual C + + 2008 Express and wbxml2-0.9.2, but do not know exactly what I should do.
    Should we adapt the entire file Series_40_v72_VoIP_Settings (W9013/W902E/W9010), or is it enough W9010 (SIP Setting).

I have found out a simpel way to convert XML to WBXML:
    Just insert the command: </o-ex:rights> in the XML document and use NowSMS Sending XML. I have placed the command in the botton of the "Bootstrap".
    Everything seems to work, but my IP-provider Fonet do not accept my setting.
    If someone here have setting which are working. Please inform us what setting you have replaced compared with the defaults setting.

Quote Originally Posted by Soegaard View Post
    I really need your help SUDUDE
    Your expertise in the conversion of XML to WBXML using LIBWBXML, I would like to draw on.
    Quite exactly what do you do to get a WBXML file. I have looked at the pages you have mentioned, but this is not a pice of cake for me.
    I have downloaded the Microsoft Visual C + + 2008 Express and wbxml2-0.9.2, but do not know exactly what I should do.
    Should we adapt the entire file Series_40_v72_VoIP_Settings (W9013/W902E/W9010), or is it enough W9010 (SIP Setting).

Nokia Developer Champion

(Not yet finished) How-To

1. Download the example XML file
    2. Patch the XML file according its tutorial and specification
    3. Convert that XML into WBXML
      1. Download libwbxml version 0.9 in its Windows variant: wbxml2-0.9.0-bin.win32.zip
        Unfortunately, I am not aware of either a finished (compiled/binary) variant of version 0.9.2 or a variant for UNIX (Mac OS X / Linux). Perhaps someone knows how to fill that gap. I do not need it at all as I have my own WBXML, nevertheless, I love to update this how-to.
      2. Locate its (command line) executable: xml2wbxml
      3. Start » Programs » Accessories » Command prompt
      4. xml2wbxml -o Example.prov Example.xml
    4. Send as file to your Nokia 6300i via Bluetooth
      Choose the created Example.prov file and send it over to your Nokia. Make sure not browse you Nokia and the placing it into one of the folders. You have to choose the OBEX-Push service normally started via ‘Send as file’.
    5. Accept the new configuration on your Nokia
    6. Nokia » Menu » Settings » Call » Call type setting
      Make sure it is not set to ‘Voice call only’.
    7. Type a number or choose an existing contact and Options » Internet call
    You can check the configuration in Nokia » Menu » Settings
    • Configuration » Default configuration settings and
    • Connectivity » Internet telephone » Accounts.
    If you are new to the Windows command line, I recommend to place the Example.xml file within the wbxml2-0 folder, place that folder right in your C-drive and then after starting the command line issue cd \wbxml2-0 and hit the carriage return before you enter the command above.

Nevertheless, the really tricky party is to adjust the XML file to the configuration of your VoIP provider. If you do not succeed: Send the link of the turtorial and example to the support of your VoIP provider and if they care they might give you an adopted XML file for final testing.

sudude, thank you for your confirmation of my assumption.
    Last edited by traud; 2008-07-06 at 17:18.

hi,
    is possible configure the 6300i with skype account?

hi all,

I have a problem when upload the example.prov file from my computer to my nokia 6300i. I select the file then choose send-to and choose my nokia 6300i. The file going to my nokia but don't appear the option to accept the new configuration.

Anyone can help me?

Thank you in advance.

- Andrea -

hi andrea,
    i've put the file .prov in a memory card of another mobile phone, and through the bluetooth i have send the configuration in the 6300i

Hi Betalaga,

I copied the .prov file to my PDA (a old ipaq 2490) and then send to BT but don't work When i try to send the file from PC - PDA or other cellular to 6300i always save the file in the Gallery and don't ask me to accept the new configuration.

I send a business card from the PC to the nokia and in this case i can accept the new business card and save it in the cellular.

I try to rename the prov file to vcf file (like a business card) but don't work (i receive a error).

Is there other posibility to do this?

Thank you in advance.

- Andrea -