Discussion Board

XMLUIML - What is this?

Hi,

XMLUIML - What is this?
    In which cases we can use this language?
    Is there any documentation that treats about this markup language?

Best regards

Nokia Developer Moderator

Re: XMLUIML - What is this?

Usually when I don't know what something is I use Google but asking about it on Forum Nokia could be a good idea. Hmmm!

Where have you found references to XMLUIML? Indicating those puts the thing in context and thus will help in providing the answer.
    -- Lucian

If you are not yet a DVLUP member it is time to correct that mistake :) Click here to join: http://www.dvlup.com/lucian/Invite

Unfortunately Google wasn't helpful in this case :/
    At first I've been searching any information about Menu View Themes specification but with no result (IMO this is one of the "dark sides" of the Symbian documentation ;) )
    I thought that if there is an option to download it (in S60 3rd ed. FP1 systems) also there could be a method to create it by myself.
    After many hours of searching I'd localised files that IMO describes menu appearance, but - as You probably know - analysing files that's format isn't well known to You is very difficult.
    One phrase in this files is common: XMLUIML.
    Also I found information (somewhere in the network) about S60 XML UI that it describes apearence of controls etc. but nothing else :/

Nokia Developer Moderator

I see. Some things are in fact not documented for a reason: you are not expected (or welcomed), at least for the time being, to create such files.

When the technology will be considered mature enough I'm sure that you will be able to create such files using Carbide.ui.
    -- Lucian

If you are not yet a DVLUP member it is time to correct that mistake :) Click here to join: http://www.dvlup.com/lucian/Invite