Discussion Board

Regular Contributor

Talking Hartti!!! - Which is the cheapest Nokia phone that has supports.video.capture=true?!

(what the title says

Super Contributor

Re: Hartti!!! - Which is the cheapest Nokia phone that has supports.video.capture=tru

Your personal shopping assistant at service :-)

I have not looked the phone prices for ages, and I do not know at all the market situation in your country, nor what is the market for used phones in Denmark.
    So in a word, I cannot really asnwer you question reliably.

My guess is that it is a Series 40 phone (not any LE-model including 2630, 2670, etc... please check for a complete list from our device spec pages)

Check 5th Edition (not LE), 5th Edition FP1 (not LE), 3rd Edition FP2, and 3rd Edition FP1 phones.

hartti

Regular Contributor

Re: Hartti!!! - Which is the cheapest Nokia phone that has supports.video.capture=tru

Ehm, okay, let's try and find the most low-spec Nokia phone that supports video capture. And a popular one too - one with high sales figures (I'm not asking much of you, am I?

Hmm, the 3120 even looks too high-spec as it also supports JSR-234. And it's fairly new ...

Aha! What about the 3110 classic? Small display, low resolution, relatively slow internet connection, perfect minimum platform!
    (It's also the 12th most popular phone according to stats.getjar)

I would be very interested in knowing if it supports video capturing.
    Last edited by Steel_BRS; 2008-06-24 at 20:55.

Regular Contributor

Hmm, I guess it's faster to buy a Nokia 3110 Classic and test it myself than waiting for a response on this forum. A shame really because there was so much more activity at anddev.org where I developed the prototype.

Nokia Developer Champion

Hi Steel,

given that checking for cheap phones is not an easy task, since prices greatly vary from country to country (and not all phones are available in all countries), you could try to check also for Nokia 5200 model. Also 5300 model is cheap here (in Italy), but it's a bit higher-end than 5200 (for example, for the diplay size).

Pit

Nokia Developer Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Steel_BRS View Post
    Hmm, I guess it's faster to buy a Nokia 3110 Classic and test it myself than waiting for a response on this forum. A shame really because there was so much more activity at anddev.org where I developed the prototype.
    Adding to Pit's comment, its a very geogrophical-sensitive issue. Prices and availability of models is different in different regions.

Another point would be : you are addressing the question of price to a developers forum who most of the times are least sensitive to price, but most sensitive to the features and OS, etc. So I wouldnt accept great advises in that sense.

Also one major issue : you call out to one person to answer the thread...you would want to think that others will try to steal/spy??

And oh well, last but not the least, just two days wait on a public forum and complaining about un-responsiveness inspite of having one immediate response from Hartti (The person whom you addressed the question originally) is not fair.

Regular Contributor

Arrow Re: Hartti!!! - Which is the cheapest Nokia phone that has supports.video.capture=tru

I called out to Hartti just for fun. But it seems you boys haven't been paying attention: The thread changed from pricing to spec a while ago:

Ehm, okay, let's try and find the most low-spec Nokia phone that supports video capture.

Nokia Developer Moderator

The thread changed from pricing to spec a while ago:
    Title which invites developers to notice your thread still remains the same

(Retired) Nokia Developer Admin.

Thread is closed

Please use http://www.discussions.europe.nokia.com for end user discussions.

Ron