Discussion Board

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Build Failure-Helloworld program

Dear All,

I am new to carbide C++, my problem is strange.

I have created the new project in the carbide C++ V1.3 and i am using S60_3rd SDK.

When i am trying to build the project. i am getting the follwoing error

<Application name>_<UID>.hlp.hrh file cannot be opened
    undefined identifier "KGeneral_Information"

Pleas help me in this.
    Thanks in Advance.

-balaji

Nokia Developer Moderator

Re: Build Failure-Helloworld program

Welcome to the Forum!!

First thing that came to my mind : I would advise you to get s60 3rd MR SDK instead of the S60_3rd (initial release that you seem to be having)

Nokia Developer Champion

Quote Originally Posted by balaji82 View Post
    Dear All,

I am new to carbide C++, my problem is strange.

I have created the new project in the carbide C++ V1.3 and i am using S60_3rd SDK.

When i am trying to build the project. i am getting the follwoing error

<Application name>_<UID>.hlp.hrh file cannot be opened
    undefined identifier "KGeneral_Information"

Pleas help me in this.
    Thanks in Advance.

-balaji
    If SDK is problem then follow what Neil says. Anyways would you please describe more about your problem? So that people can help you.
    Which type of application is it?
    Did you add anything?
    etc...

Kiran.
    Nokia Developer Wiki Moderation team

Kiran & Neil thanks for your reply,

I have not added anything to the code.Just i created the project and tried building it.

I dont know whether its SDK problem or problem with the carbide project.

I could open SDK as a separate appication(I mean start->programs-><SDK><Emulator> .SDK is working fine.

Please suggest.

-balaji

Nokia Developer Champion

Ok. Now run this command from command prompt.

devices

And list down its output here. I want to see which SDK you are using.
    And which type of project you created?

Kiran.

Kiran,

output for the devices command is
    S60_3rd:com.nokia.s60 - default

i have created the project by,
    File->New->Symbian OS C++ project->s60_3rd
    and followed the wizard and given the project name.

I have not added/removed anything from the project files

i tried building it, and i got the error.

-balaji

Kiran,

output for the devices command is
    S60_3rd:com.nokia.s60 - default

i have created the project by,
    File->New->Symbian OS C++ project->s60_3rd
    and followed the wizard and given the project name.

I have not added/removed anything from the project files

i tried building it, and i got the error.

-balaji
    My first message was misunderstood probably. I was advising on installing a Maintainance release. Check S60_3rd_MR

Neil,

I have installed MR also,

pls see the output of devices command

S60_3rd:com.nokia.s60
    S60_3rd_MR:com.nokia.s60 - default

Now also i am getting the same error.

I dont know what i can do?
    suggest.

-balaji

Nokia Developer Champion

I dont know what i can do?
    suggest..
    Now as you have installed the MR version, i would suggest you to create a new application from Carbide.c++ and built it again.

Kiran.

I have created the project by the name "k"

i am getting the same problem.

i am not able to attach the console log so i am pasting the log, please find the log below with the errors.

***Building project "k" for configuration "Emulator Debug (WINSCW) [S60_3rd_MR]"

***Printing environment variables modified from default:
    MWCSYM2INCLUDES=C:\Program Files\Nokia\Carbide.c++ v1.3\x86Build\Symbian_Support\MSL\MSL_C\MSL_Common\Include;C:\Program Files\Nokia\Carbide.c++ v1.3\x86Build\Symbian_Support\MSL\MSL_C\MSL_Win32\Include;C:\Program Files\Nokia\Carbide.c++ v1.3\x86Build\Symbian_Support\MSL\MSL_C\MSL_X86;C:\Program Files\Nokia\Carbide.c++ v1.3\x86Build\Symbian_Support\MSL\MSL_C++\MSL_Common\Include;+C:\Program Files\Nokia\Carbide.c++ v1.3\x86Build\Symbian_Support\MSL\MSL_Extras\MSL_Common\Include;C:\Program Files\Nokia\Carbide.c++ v1.3\x86Build\Symbian_Support\MSL\MSL_Extras\MSL_Win32\Include;C:\Program Files\Nokia\Carbide.c++ v1.3\x86Build\Symbian_Support\Win32-x86 Support\Headers\Win32 SDK;
    MWSYM2LIBRARIES=C:\Program Files\Nokia\Carbide.c++ v1.3\x86Build\Symbian_Support\Win32-x86 Support\Libraries\Win32 SDK;C:\Program Files\Nokia\Carbide.c++ v1.3\x86Build\Symbian_Support\Runtime\Runtime_x86\Runtime_Win32\Libs
    MWSYM2LIBRARYFILES=MSL_All_MSE_Symbian_D.lib;gdi32.lib;user32.lib;kernel32.lib;
    PATH=C:\Program Files\Nokia\Carbide.c++ v1.3\x86Build\Symbian_Tools\Command_Line_Tools;C:\Symbian\9.1\S60_3rd_MR\epoc32\tools;C:\Symbian\9.1\S60_3rd_MR\epoc32\gcc\bin;C:\Program Files\Nokia\Carbide.c++ v1.3\jre\bin\client;C:\Program Files\Nokia\Carbide.c++ v1.3\jre\bin;C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symbian\Tools;C:\Perl\site\bin;C:\Perl\bin;C:\Program Files\CSL Arm Toolchain\bin;C:\Tcl\bin;C:\WINDOWS\system32;C:\WINDOWS;C:\WINDOWS\System32\Wbem;C:\Program Files\Common Files\Teleca Shared;C:\Program Files\IDM Computer Solutions\UltraEdit-32;C:\Program Files\Nokia\CodeWarrior for Symbian v3.1\Bin;C:\Program Files\Nokia\CodeWarrior for Symbian v3.1\Symbian_Tools\Command_Line_Tools;C:\Documents and Settings\23057061\Desktop\Android\Android\android-sdk_m5-rc15_windows\android-sdk_m5-rc15_windows\tools
    EPOCROOT=\Symbian\9.1\S60_3rd_MR\
    NO_DEPENDENCIES=-nd
    MAKE=make -j 4

Working Directory: C:/Symbian/Carbide/workspace/k/group

***Invoking bldmake command
    perl.exe -S bldmake.pl bldfiles winscw

***Invoking abld command
    perl.exe -S ABLD.PL \Symbian\Carbide\workspace\k\group\ export
    make -r -f "\Symbian\9.1\S60_3rd_MR\EPOC32\BUILD\Symbian\Carbide\workspace\k\group\EXPORT.make" EXPORT VERBOSE=-s
    Nothing to do

***Invoking abld command
    perl.exe -S ABLD.PL \Symbian\Carbide\workspace\k\group\ makefile winscw Icons_scalable_dc
    make -r -f "\Symbian\9.1\S60_3rd_MR\EPOC32\BUILD\Symbian\Carbide\workspace\k\group\WINSCW.make" MAKEFILEICONS_SCALABLE_DC VERBOSE=-s
    make -j 4 -s -C \Symbian\Carbide\workspace\k\group -f "ICONS_SCALABLE_DC.MK" TO_ROOT=..\..\..\..\.. EPOCBLD=..\..\..\..\..\Symbian\9.1\S60_3rd_MR\EPOC32\BUILD\Symbian\Carbide\workspace\k\group\ICONS_SCALABLE_DC\WINSCW TO_BLDINF=..\..\..\..\..\Symbian\Carbide\workspace\k\group PLATFORM=WINSCW MAKMAKE

***Invoking abld command
    perl.exe -S ABLD.PL \Symbian\Carbide\workspace\k\group\ makefile winscw build_help
    make -r -f "\Symbian\9.1\S60_3rd_MR\EPOC32\BUILD\Symbian\Carbide\workspace\k\group\WINSCW.make" MAKEFILEBUILD_HELP VERBOSE=-s
    Bareword found where operator expected at C:/Symbian/9.1/S60_3rd_MR/epoc32/tools/perllib/params.pm line 461, near "New CParamItem"
    (Do you need to predeclare New?)
    Bareword found where operator expected at C:/Symbian/9.1/S60_3rd_MR/epoc32/tools/perllib/params.pm line 466, near "New CParamItem"
    (Do you need to predeclare New?)
    syntax error at C:/Symbian/9.1/S60_3rd_MR/epoc32/tools/perllib/params.pm line 461, near "New CParamItem"
    syntax error at C:/Symbian/9.1/S60_3rd_MR/epoc32/tools/perllib/params.pm line 466, near "New CParamItem"
    Compilation failed in require at C:/Symbian/9.1/S60_3rd_MR/epoc32/tools/perllib/args.pm line 19.
    BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at C:/Symbian/9.1/S60_3rd_MR/epoc32/tools/perllib/args.pm line 19.
    Compilation failed in require at C:\Symbian\9.1\S60_3rd_MR\epoc32\tools/cshlpcmp.pl line 58.
    BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at C:\Symbian\9.1\S60_3rd_MR\epoc32\tools/cshlpcmp.pl line 58.
    make[1]: *** [k_0xEE27E939.hlp] Error 255
    make: *** [MAKEFILEBUILD_HELP] Error 2

make -j 4 -s -C \Symbian\Carbide\workspace\k\HELP -f "BUILD_HELP.MK" TO_ROOT=..\..\..\..\.. EPOCBLD=..\..\..\..\..\Symbian\9.1\S60_3rd_MR\EPOC32\BUILD\Symbian\Carbide\workspace\k\group\BUILD_HELP\WINSCW TO_BLDINF=..\..\..\..\..\Symbian\Carbide\workspace\k\group PLATFORM=WINSCW MAKMAKE

***Invoking abld command
    perl.exe -S ABLD.PL \Symbian\Carbide\workspace\k\group\ makefile winscw k
    make -r -f "\Symbian\9.1\S60_3rd_MR\EPOC32\BUILD\Symbian\Carbide\workspace\k\group\WINSCW.make" MAKEFILEK VERBOSE=-s
    perl -S makmake.pl -nd -D \Symbian\Carbide\workspace\k\group\K WINSCW

***Invoking abld command
    perl.exe -S ABLD.PL \Symbian\Carbide\workspace\k\group\ library winscw
    make -r -f "\Symbian\9.1\S60_3rd_MR\EPOC32\BUILD\Symbian\Carbide\workspace\k\group\WINSCW.make" LIBRARY VERBOSE=-s
    make -s -C \Symbian\Carbide\workspace\k\group -f "ICONS_SCALABLE_DC.MK" TO_ROOT=..\..\..\..\.. EPOCBLD=..\..\..\..\..\Symbian\9.1\S60_3rd_MR\EPOC32\BUILD\Symbian\Carbide\workspace\k\group\ICONS_SCALABLE_DC\WINSCW TO_BLDINF=..\..\..\..\..\Symbian\Carbide\workspace\k\group PLATFORM=WINSCW LIB
    make -s -C \Symbian\Carbide\workspace\k\HELP -f "BUILD_HELP.MK" TO_ROOT=..\..\..\..\.. EPOCBLD=..\..\..\..\..\Symbian\9.1\S60_3rd_MR\EPOC32\BUILD\Symbian\Carbide\workspace\k\group\BUILD_HELP\WINSCW TO_BLDINF=..\..\..\..\..\Symbian\Carbide\workspace\k\group PLATFORM=WINSCW LIB
    make -s -r -f "\Symbian\9.1\S60_3rd_MR\EPOC32\BUILD\Symbian\Carbide\workspace\k\group\K\WINSCW\K.WINSCW" LIBRARY

***Invoking abld command
    perl.exe -S ABLD.PL \Symbian\Carbide\workspace\k\group\ resource winscw udeb
    make -r -f "\Symbian\9.1\S60_3rd_MR\EPOC32\BUILD\Symbian\Carbide\workspace\k\group\WINSCW.make" RESOURCE CFG=UDEB VERBOSE=-s
    Created \Symbian\9.1\S60_3rd_MR\EPOC32\INCLUDE\k_0xEE27E939.RSG
    Created \Symbian\9.1\S60_3rd_MR\EPOC32\RELEASE\WINSCW\UDEB\Z\resource\apps\k_0xEE27E939.RSC
    Created \Symbian\9.1\S60_3rd_MR\EPOC32\RELEASE\WINSCW\UDEB\Z\private\10003a3f\apps\k_0xEE27E939_reg.RSC

make -s -C \Symbian\Carbide\workspace\k\group -f "ICONS_SCALABLE_DC.MK" TO_ROOT=..\..\..\..\.. EPOCBLD=..\..\..\..\..\Symbian\9.1\S60_3rd_MR\EPOC32\BUILD\Symbian\Carbide\workspace\k\group\ICONS_SCALABLE_DC\WINSCW TO_BLDINF=..\..\..\..\..\Symbian\Carbide\workspace\k\group PLATFORM=WINSCW CFG=UDEB RESOURCE
    Checking: ..\gfx\qgn_menu_k.svg
    Choosing...
    Loading mif icons...
    Loading file: ..\gfx\qgn_menu_k.svg
    Writing mif: \Symbian\9.1\S60_3rd_MR\epoc32\release\WINSCW\UDEB\Z\resource\apps\k_0xEE27E939.mif
    make -s -C \Symbian\Carbide\workspace\k\HELP -f "BUILD_HELP.MK" TO_ROOT=..\..\..\..\.. EPOCBLD=..\..\..\..\..\Symbian\9.1\S60_3rd_MR\EPOC32\BUILD\Symbian\Carbide\workspace\k\group\BUILD_HELP\WINSCW TO_BLDINF=..\..\..\..\..\Symbian\Carbide\workspace\k\group PLATFORM=WINSCW CFG=UDEB RESOURCE
    make -s -r -f "\Symbian\9.1\S60_3rd_MR\EPOC32\BUILD\Symbian\Carbide\workspace\k\group\K\WINSCW\K.WINSCW" RESOURCEUDEB

Creating \Symbian\9.1\S60_3rd_MR\EPOC32\BUILD\Symbian\Carbide\workspace\k\group\K\WINSCW\UDEB

***Invoking abld command
    perl.exe -S ABLD.PL \Symbian\Carbide\workspace\k\group\ target winscw udeb
    make -r -f "\Symbian\9.1\S60_3rd_MR\EPOC32\BUILD\Symbian\Carbide\workspace\k\group\WINSCW.make" TARGET CFG=UDEB VERBOSE=-s

Errors caused tool to abort.
    make[1]: *** [\Symbian\9.1\S60_3rd_MR\EPOC32\BUILD\Symbian\Carbide\workspace\k\group\K\WINSCW\UDEB\kAppUi.o] Error 1
    make[1]: *** Waiting for unfinished jobs....
    make: *** [TARGETK] Error 2

make -j 4 -s -C \Symbian\Carbide\workspace\k\group -f "ICONS_SCALABLE_DC.MK" TO_ROOT=..\..\..\..\.. EPOCBLD=..\..\..\..\..\Symbian\9.1\S60_3rd_MR\EPOC32\BUILD\Symbian\Carbide\workspace\k\group\ICONS_SCALABLE_DC\WINSCW TO_BLDINF=..\..\..\..\..\Symbian\Carbide\workspace\k\group PLATFORM=WINSCW CFG=UDEB BLD
    make -j 4 -s -C \Symbian\Carbide\workspace\k\HELP -f "BUILD_HELP.MK" TO_ROOT=..\..\..\..\.. EPOCBLD=..\..\..\..\..\Symbian\9.1\S60_3rd_MR\EPOC32\BUILD\Symbian\Carbide\workspace\k\group\BUILD_HELP\WINSCW TO_BLDINF=..\..\..\..\..\Symbian\Carbide\workspace\k\group PLATFORM=WINSCW CFG=UDEB BLD
    make -j 4 -s -r -f "\Symbian\9.1\S60_3rd_MR\EPOC32\BUILD\Symbian\Carbide\workspace\k\group\K\WINSCW\K.WINSCW" UDEB
    k.cpp
    kAppView.cpp
    kApplication.cpp
    kAppUi.cpp
    kDocument.cpp
    k_0xEE27E939.UID.CPP
    ..\src\kAppUi.cpp:21: the file 'k_0xEE27E939.hlp.hrh' cannot be opened
    ..\src\kAppUi.cpp:190: warning: preprocessor #warning directive
    ..\src\kAppUi.cpp:190: warning: #warning "Please see comment about help and UID3..."
    ..\src\kAppUi.cpp:200: undefined identifier 'KGeneral_Information'

***Invoking abld command
    perl.exe -S ABLD.PL \Symbian\Carbide\workspace\k\group\ final winscw udeb
    make -r -f "\Symbian\9.1\S60_3rd_MR\EPOC32\BUILD\Symbian\Carbide\workspace\k\group\WINSCW.make" FINAL CFG=UDEB VERBOSE=-s
    make -j 4 -s -C \Symbian\Carbide\workspace\k\group -f "ICONS_SCALABLE_DC.MK" TO_ROOT=..\..\..\..\.. EPOCBLD=..\..\..\..\..\Symbian\9.1\S60_3rd_MR\EPOC32\BUILD\Symbian\Carbide\workspace\k\group\ICONS_SCALABLE_DC\WINSCW TO_BLDINF=..\..\..\..\..\Symbian\Carbide\workspace\k\group PLATFORM=WINSCW CFG=UDEB FINAL

***Errors were detected in build. See the Problems or Console view for details.

i am really sorry for pasting this long log, but no other way.

thanks in advance,
    -balaji

It is probably time to talk about Perl. Which Perl have you installed? Make sure that it is 5.6.1 (perl --version tells you), it is still downloadable, just click on something "old releases" or so on the activestate-site.

I am using perl
    v5.8.8 built for MSWin32-x86-multi-thread

do u want me to uninstall v5.8.8 and reinstall V5.6.1?

-balaji

Yes, you should. Release_notes.txt of any SDK says so.

I am using perl
    v5.8.8 built for MSWin32-x86-multi-thread

do u want me to uninstall v5.8.8 and reinstall V5.6.1?

-balaji
    Adding to Wizards suggestions, its always good to read the release notes of any SDK or IDE (or for that matter any product) that you install. It gives a clear insight of the requirements and you save a lot of time eventually..and of course efforts!!

Thanks Wizard & Neil.

Now its working, the problem is perl.
    I have installed perl5.6

Thanks all for your support.

-balaji