Discussion Board

Sending MMS in an Application to Terminal

Hi, I am a newbie to MMS technology and i am doing a project on making my MMS phone works as a modem that send out MMS. My MMS phone would be connected to my PC. When the phone recieves data from the PC the MMS phone would then send it to the specified users. My question here is the connection from my PC to my phone, how do i go about on connecting it and what should the cable be.Secondly,what programming language should i use so as to initiate an auto send and what proramming language should i use for the choosing of the specified users from my phone. Any information is useful. Eagerly waiting for the reply. Thank you

Nokia Developer Expert

RE: Sending MMS in an Application to Terminal

Hi!

If you want to create a MMS client to your PC, thats fine. Any GPRS enabled phone could be suitable to be used as modem.

You have to understand than MMS is sent top of higher level protocols and can't be sent as you can send SMS messages. There is no API's available to connect the phone to PC and use the phone's own MMS client to send the message. Easiest way might be to create a application to Series 60 (Nokia 7650 or Nokia 3650) phone that communicates to some PC application.

Teemu / Forum Nokia

hi auvinent,

so you mean that any GPRS phone could act as a modem to connect to the PC. And that the PC can communicate with the Phone?

Right now i am thinking of two ways, (1) get a GPRS modem, (2) use my GPRS phone to act as my modem. So that when i create an MMS Application, i could use one of the 2 ways to connect and send MMS message to users. So are both ways possible? Please give me a suggestion. Thanks

If you are planning to only send MMS-messages from PC, I would recommend that you use local Mobile operators MMSC-connection via internet (if available).