Discussion Board

Question [moved] Exception in series 60 while running bluetooth application

I have got an exception while trying to run my application on series 60 emulator. The exception is SymbianOS error = -5 : System:\nFeature is not supported. And the application is bluetooth application.So what I have to do to avoid this problem.

Nokia Developer Moderator

Re: [moved] Exception in series 60 while running bluetooth application

Well, there's nothing much you can do if a "Feature is not supported". The question is however what were you trying to do (i.e. which API call leaved with -5), on which SDK and were you really expecting for that thing to work? For example, have you installed the SDK BT driver and are able to otherwise activate the Bluetooth from within the emulator?
    -- Lucian

If you are not yet a DVLUP member it is time to correct that mistake :) Click here to join: http://www.dvlup.com/lucian/Invite

Question Re: [moved] Exception in series 60 while running bluetooth application

I am working using S60_2nd_FP2_MIDP_SDK. And exception is showing when it runs throgh the codes ie localdevice = LocalDevice.getLocalDevice();
    discAgent = localdevice.getDiscoveryAgent();
    ie when we are starting to work with bluetooth then exception will occure....

Nokia Developer Moderator

Re: [moved] Exception in series 60 while running bluetooth application

Two things to note:
    - Lucian has already pointed out that if you are getting a "Feature not supported" message, the feature is not supported
    - you are apparently using a MIDP SDK, and you are apparently "speaking" Java. This section is called "Symbian C++", but if you click a few steps back on the top of this page, you will find "Mobile Java"

Anyway, S60 2nd edition emulators are requiring rather special BT hardware (like a Casira module from CSR). The more recent emulators are less picky, you should check the possibilities in the documentation, the release_notes.txt, and perhaps on the SDK-download page.