Discussion Board

How to put action for default "Back" command in appuifw.Form

Each form (appuifw.Form) comes with two default commands "Save" and "Back". "Back" command is used to bring back the previous screen, but if the previous screen is also a form then the title of the screen remains same. So if I put my own "Back" command to take the appropriate action(go back to the previous form and also change the screen title appropriately), then there are two "Back" commands. Default "Back" command comes as the right soft key and my "Back" command come in a list of "Options", where "Options" is the left soft key. The problem is that how to remove default "Back" command or how to put my own action of back in the default "Back" command.

In short- there is a save_hook which can be used to put any action on "Save", similarly is there any back_hook which can be used to put any action on "Back"?

Nokia Developer Champion

Re: How to put action for default "Back" command in appuifw.Form

Quote Originally Posted by shail229 View Post
    Each form (appuifw.Form) comes with two default commands "Save" and "Back". "Back" command is used to bring back the previous screen, but if the previous screen is also a form then the title of the screen remains same. So if I put my own "Back" command to take the appropriate action(go back to the previous form and also change the screen title appropriately), then there are two "Back" commands. Default "Back" command comes as the right soft key and my "Back" command come in a list of "Options", where "Options" is the left soft key. The problem is that how to remove default "Back" command or how to put my own action of back in the default "Back" command.

In short- there is a save_hook which can be used to put any action on "Save", similarly is there any back_hook which can be used to put any action on "Back"?
    hi shail229
    if you want to remove the back command on the right softkey then you better look out for the actual code for that form where there will be how to remove that back command

I have seen the source code, the whole code in C/C++. I am not very much comfortable with C/C++, but if there is no other way then I may have to think for that.

Nokia Developer Champion

Quote Originally Posted by shail229 View Post
    I have seen the source code, the whole code in C/C++. I am not very much comfortable with C/C++, but if there is no other way then I may have to think for that.
    hi shail229
    that correct if you want to change the back command you have to use the symbian c++
    if you are really interested you can go for it.

If this is the only way then I probably have to go for that. Thanks for your reply.