Discussion Board

Regular Contributor

HTTPSession crash on close

Hi,

Quite often (but not always) my code gets crashed on RHTTPSession::Close().

This happens when I use HTTP POST, which gets an HTTP failure code 500 (it doesn't happen when a good, code 200 response arrives).

I've taken the WebClientEngine class from the YahooImagesSearch example, and modified it a bit.

The most significant modification I made was to close the session each time I cancel the transaction.

The flow of events:
    CWebClientEngine::MHFRunL() gets called with following events:
    THTTPEvent::EGotResponseHeaders (with HTTP code 500)
    THTTPEvent::EGotResponseBodyData (x3)
    THTTPEvent::EResponseComplete
    THTTPEvent::EFailed

This last event leads to my code calling iSession.Close, which sometimes crashes. When it does, any one of the following errors can occur: USER 30, USER 42, KERN-EXEC 3.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
    Nadav

Super Contributor

Re: HTTPSession crash on close

Quote Originally Posted by nadav70 View Post
    Hi,

Quite often (but not always) my code gets crashed on RHTTPSession::Close().

This happens when I use HTTP POST, which gets an HTTP failure code 500 (it doesn't happen when a good, code 200 response arrives).

I've taken the WebClientEngine class from the YahooImagesSearch example, and modified it a bit.

The most significant modification I made was to close the session each time I cancel the transaction.

The flow of events:
    CWebClientEngine::MHFRunL() gets called with following events:
    THTTPEvent::EGotResponseHeaders (with HTTP code 500)
    THTTPEvent::EGotResponseBodyData (x3)
    THTTPEvent::EResponseComplete
    THTTPEvent::EFailed

This last event leads to my code calling iSession.Close, which sometimes crashes. When it does, any one of the following errors can occur: USER 30, USER 42, KERN-EXEC 3.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
    Nadav
    if there is no problem can u show ur code for saving ur datas (EGotResponseBodyData ).

what i guess from ur error codes it might be a memory aloc or dealoc pb or string length.....check ur code for that.

another thing be sure that you have close yur transaction and active scheduler before closing ur session.

Thanks

Regular Contributor

Re: HTTPSession crash on close

Quote Originally Posted by kishore84 View Post
    if there is no problem can u show ur code for saving ur datas (EGotResponseBodyData ).

what i guess from ur error codes it might be a memory aloc or dealoc pb or string length.....check ur code for that.

another thing be sure that you have close yur transaction and active scheduler before closing ur session.

Thanks
    Hi kishore84,

Thanks for your reply.

Problem is probably solved (fingers crossed...). When I run the HTTP code inside a simple test program crash never seems to happen.

However, my program is responsible for starting an IAP. I started the HTTP request in the same CActiveScheduler callback where I also "told" the infrastucture that the IAP is ready to use. Then, occasionally, I got the crash later on.

When I've changed that, adding a timer with 0 seconds, so that the HTTP Code starts to run in the next CActiveScheduler iteration, I saw no problem.

This seems a bit like a witchcraft, I admit. After all, the crash used to happen several iterations later, not when inside the potentially risky iteration. Nevertheless, I didn't get crashes after that. I hope it would not crash at the Test House nor on users phones.

Thanks a lot,
    Nadav