Discussion Board

Building SDK Example Problems

Hi all,

I have downloaded the Series 60 SDK, and attempted to build the samples included.

Executing the command:

bldmake bldfiles

Works successfully, but when I go to type:

abld build wins udeb

I get the following error:

nmake -nologo -f "\Symbian\6.1\Series60\EPOC32\BUILD\SYMBIAN\6.1\SERIES60\SERI
    ES60EX\HELLOWORLD\GROUP\EXPORT.make" EXPORT VERBOSE=-s
    Bad command or file name

I am using Windows 98 and have noticed a few posts regarding an incompatibility with this os. Will the SDK function correctly under Win98 ? If so why do I not have the nmake utility ? Is this part of the SDK or VC++ ?

Any help is greatly appreciated,

Neil

Just remember we all started somewhere!

RE: Building SDK Example Problems

Hi Neil,

I had the same problem yesterday morning, 24 hours later and a lot of messing around I have the Helloworld application running in VC++.

First, nmake is part of VC++, it's in C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio\VC98\Bin so you'll need this on your path statement.

However I think the probably the best way is to run the VC++ 'vcvars32.bat' file (in the same directory as above) which initialises all the variables.

If you are following 'Introduction to Series 60 Applications for C++ Developers' then section 5.1.1 didn't work for me for some reason.

However 5.1.2 did work but note that the path shown as the location of the .dsw file is incorrect, use search from the base epoc32 folder to find out where it ended up.

Andy.