Discussion Board

Regular Contributor

Text wrap for CAknEnumeratedTextPopupSettingItem?

Hello,

I have a CAknEnumeratedTextPopupSettingItem that has text in the list that are getting truncated on most devices. They are ~25 chars in length. Is there any setting to enable text wrapping? Or how is this supposed to be dealt with?

Also the list isn't aligned to the left of the screen. Is there a way to adjust position?

Thanks!

Nokia Developer Moderator

Re: Text wrap for CAknEnumeratedTextPopupSettingItem?

S60 lists do not support warping, however there is support for marquee effect, so you can try if you can access C...ListBoxData::EnableMarqueeL (where ... can be FormattedCell or Column) of the settings item.

Regular Contributor

Quote Originally Posted by wizard_hu_ View Post
    S60 lists do not support warping, however there is support for marquee effect, so you can try if you can access C...ListBoxData::EnableMarqueeL (where ... can be FormattedCell or Column) of the settings item.
    Thanks wizard_hu.. doesn't look simple to do that, but I'll look into it. Just seems strange on the E51 for example, the screen isn't that wide, and the setting list has a big gap from the left side.

Regular Contributor

Hi, I would be also interested in the answer: is it possible to add marquee to the items CAknEnumeratedTextPopupSettingItem? Unfortunately it has little to do with list boxes (or at least I did not figure out how to access the embedded list box) Thanks!

Nokia Developer Moderator

I have a bad feeling that things related to setting lists do not support marquee. At least no built-in setting lists seem to use such effect (for example if you edit the shortcuts for the Idle screen, you have good chances to see some items which do not fit on the screen and they are simply truncated with '...')

Regular Contributor

yes, meanwhile I checked the source code and as the settings page (thus the actual listbox) is created and destroyed fully in EditItemL(), from outside you'll have no chance to modify the listbox. Maybe overriding EditItemL()... but it'd be a very long story.