Discussion Board

Problem with HTTP POST and certain IAP

Hi,

We are having problems with HTTP POST and at least one O2 IAP. HTTP GET works ok with it but when we do HTTP POST there is never any response from the server and after awhile (about 2 min) we get ViewSrv 11 panic (don't get this on target debugger just some unknow exceptions) and the app of course crashes. I have debugged this on target and that's why I know we never get any response at least not to MHFRunL() or any other functions in our client. With some IAPs it is working fine and with others even the GET is not working and then we just receive failure and can stop the connection properly.

I add here the IAP details if it would help with the problem

Access point name: wap.o2.co.uk
    Username: o2wap
    Password: password
    Homepage: http://wap.o2.co.uk
    Proxy server address: 193.113.200.195
    Proxy port number: 8080

I'm aware that this IAP is may be not meant to be used in this case but the problem is that if the user still selects it then the app crashes and that's not very good.

I also changed the code so that it used the proxy but the result was not different. By default our code is not using the proxy.

I'm wondering if anyone has come accross with similar problem. Or even has any suggestions how we could recover from this before the app is closed.

Thanks,
    nvuorio

Nokia Developer Moderator

Re: Problem with HTTP POST and certain IAP

ViewSvr 11 panic occurs when your application does not respond to the view server in a certain time-frame. Can it happen that sometimes you wait synchronously (User::WaitForRequest and the like)?

Super Contributor

Quote Originally Posted by nvuorio View Post
    Hi,

We are having problems with HTTP POST and at least one O2 IAP. HTTP GET works ok with it but when we do HTTP POST there is never any response from the server and after awhile (about 2 min) we get ViewSrv 11 panic (don't get this on target debugger just some unknow exceptions) and the app of course crashes. I have debugged this on target and that's why I know we never get any response at least not to MHFRunL() or any other functions in our client. With some IAPs it is working fine and with others even the GET is not working and then we just receive failure and can stop the connection properly.

I add here the IAP details if it would help with the problem

Access point name: wap.o2.co.uk
    Username: o2wap
    Password: password
    Homepage: http://wap.o2.co.uk
    Proxy server address: 193.113.200.195
    Proxy port number: 8080

I'm aware that this IAP is may be not meant to be used in this case but the problem is that if the user still selects it then the app crashes and that's not very good.

I also changed the code so that it used the proxy but the result was not different. By default our code is not using the proxy.

I'm wondering if anyone has come accross with similar problem. Or even has any suggestions how we could recover from this before the app is closed.

Thanks,
    nvuorio
    can u give ur code how u r setting ur proxy.

does it go to MHFRUN error.which sdk u r using.

Thanks
    Last edited by kishore84; 2008-07-04 at 09:05.

Hi,

Thanks for the reply. No it does not go to MHFRunL or MHFRunError.

Our implementation does not use the proxy by default. Other IAPs with proxy settings are working fine. I tried setting up the proxy by hard coding the settings (just to see quickly if it helps) but it made no difference to the behaviour. I did this according to the instructions in Symbian OS Guide.

Nina

Super Contributor

r u defining ur own iap or it takes some default iap.

for setting up ur proxy this link may help u

http://www3.symbian.com/faq.nsf/0/C4...7?OpenDocument

We are selecting the IAP from the default IAP. I had set up the proxy like it is said in that link.

Thanks,
    nvuorio