Discussion Board

dealing with manual removal of pairing from remote device

Hello,
    I am developing an application for Windows XP embedded that uses a usb BT dongle. I am using a kensington 333480 dongle which uses Widcomm drivers. I am also using Broadcom's Bluetooth for windows DK with Visual C++.
    my application needs to send a file to the device which can be retrieved later, so I am using OBEXFTP for this. The application must run an inquiry detect a device and if it hasnt paired before attempt to pair.
    My problem arises when after the device and my PC have been paired, If i call teh function BondInquiry(btadress), it returns true, which makes sense seeing as the PC doesnt know that i've removed the pairing on the cell phone's side. This causes me not to be able to distinguish between a paired cell phone, and one that was previously paired but the pairing has been removed only on the phone. So if I try to go ahead and use OBEXFTP, the unpaired phone will be prompted for an access pin, which takes away the application's ability to 1. determine what the access pin will be, and 2. be able to handle an incomming request for an access pin.
    I have read the whole Broadcom DK manual and there is no FTPServer class which means i do not have a response function for when prompted for the access key.
    Is there any way that I can know whether the pairing has been removed on the phone? if not is there a function I've overlooked in the DK that allows me to handle incomming requests for bonding?
    Any help would be very much appreciated

thank you
    Felipe

Super Contributor

Re: dealing with manual removal of pairing from remote device

Hi,

You could consult with Bluetooth registry from your manual. Registry has information about paired device etc.

Re: dealing with manual removal of pairing from remote device

Quote Originally Posted by mahbub_s60 View Post
    Hi,

You could consult with Bluetooth registry from your manual. Registry has information about paired device etc.
    are you talking about the PC's registry or the phone's registry?
    if it is the PC, then that would not help me since I need to know if the pairing has been removed by the user on his phone. My PC will still consider the device to be paired.
    If it is the phones registry could you please tell me how i can access it? without having to pair with the device?