Discussion Board

MWS 1.4 closes on startup

This is the second time it has happened. I go to start the MWS, I get the first menu displayed for a moment and then it disappears, I don't have time to select the Options button.

It first happened a few days ago, and the battery had run low. So I reinstalled and it worked fine all weekend. I tried again this morning and it's happening again (my battery is fully charged). Again, I can reinstall, but it would be good to know why this is happening.

Cheers,

Rob

Model: N95-1
    Type:RM-159

Nokia Developer Expert

Re: MWS 1.4 closes on startup

This is a problem that we haven't seen earlier. Make sure you have enough of RAM available to run MWS. Also have you updated your N95 firmware to the latest version?

Thanks for the reply. I updated the firmware about a week ago; I had to change the product code as it is a subsidised handset from my network provider, but I first changed the product code about a year ago and its been very stable.

I guess it could well be a memory issue, I have...

Phone: 48MB in use, 99MB free
    Card: 222MB in use, 266MB free

I think I installed MWS to the phone. Perhaps I should reinstall to the memory card. Will post with progress.

Thanks,

Rob

Just to let you know, it's now happened four times, each time I have to reinstall. When I get a chance I'll stick a larger memory card in the phone, but I doubt that will make a difference.

It's a real shame because its very cool software.

Rob

Regular Contributor

i also have had this prblem multiple times since the 1.4 update on both the n75 and n78. basically when it would either be asked to start on device start or jist initializing it as one would a normal program, it would flash for a sec and then not open.

with the n78 i was able do the remote start; but that did not work with the n75. it would seem to be something more than ram as my n75 usually has over 15mb free when i'm lookikg to run mws.

like the original poster; i have done a reinstall. both by way of update and a fresh install. only on the fresh install would it run; but i would turn it off so that i could copy over the data folder and then t would not restart.

Nokia Developer Expert

Hi, I think I know now what it is: battery saving function. After re-installing, keep it disabled until we find what causes that and fix it.