Discussion Board

need to know IMEI No left in publisher ID

hi,

I want to know for how many IMEI Nos I have generated certificates till now out of 1000. I checked symbiansigned.com but i dint get any information about the no of IMEIs left.

and also one question regarding CUMMULATIVE IMEI no. If i give same IMEI no again then does it deducts again from the total no of IMEIs?

Thanks,,,

Nokia Developer Moderator

Re: need to know IMEI No left in publisher ID

The limit of IMEIs refers to how many devices can be associated with one particular certificate, not with a particular PublishedID. There is no cumulative limit (though maybe there should be one).

But why do you worry? Do you/your company own more than 1000 phones that you use for testing?
    -- Lucian

If you are not yet a DVLUP member it is time to correct that mistake :) Click here to join: http://www.dvlup.com/lucian/Invite

Quote Originally Posted by ltomuta View Post
    The limit of IMEIs refers to how many devices can be associated with one particular certificate, not with a particular PublishedID. There is no cumulative limit (though maybe there should be one).
    Does that mean that we can have arbitary number of certificates with just one limitation that each one can be associated with atmost 1000 devices. Its too good to be true, I am sure that that there must be some limit on it. Is there any?

Nokia Developer Moderator

Easy to check, just add your 1000 of your phones to the certificate request and then, once the certificate approved ask for a new one, with your other 1000 phones.

Of course you need manufacturer's approval for such a request and it would not be to easy to convince them that you own 2000 phones.
    -- Lucian

If you are not yet a DVLUP member it is time to correct that mistake :) Click here to join: http://www.dvlup.com/lucian/Invite

Nokia Developer Champion

Quote Originally Posted by ltomuta View Post
    Easy to check, just add your 1000 of your phones to the certificate request and then, once the certificate approved ask for a new one, with your other 1000 phones.

Of course you need manufacturer's approval for such a request and it would not be to easy to convince them that you own 2000 phones.
    If we send multiple bunch of IMEIs in different requests then it would work but if we include more than 1000 IMEIs in a single certificate request then only we need to get Manufacturer's approval.

Kiran.
    Nokia Developer Wiki Moderation team