Discussion Board

Regular Contributor

Command line for Bluetooth?

Does anyone know of a command line utility that can send files to a bluetooth device. Something along the lines of:

sendTo <phone> <file>

Right now I'm using Toshiba's bluetooth Utilities, which work well as an explorer plugin, but don't have (or at least don't document) a command line interface. I'd like to set up a build script that creates the sis file and sends it if there were no errors.

Thanks!

P.S.

Free is best.

Super Contributor

Re: Command line for Bluetooth?

Hi,
    Probably you are talking about sending a file from PC to a devices. Probably you need to have custome tool that can do it for you. Since security involved, you need to change the key and so on, how this interaction will be done with command line?

Regular Contributor

I'm open to any method or tool. I was hoping to be able to put it in a bat file and add it to my build process. I could code my own, but that would defeat the purpose of speeding up my work.

Super Contributor

To my knowledge, I have not seen such tool that you can do it from command line, but of course there could be some.

I'm looking the same.

I found this; http://www.newlc.com/topic-9327, but the problem is that we can't specify the cellphone.

Somebody has an idea?

Greetings.

Regular Contributor

I don't have the link to the thread where it was suggested anymore, but try this:

"%PROGRAMFILES%\Toshiba\Bluetooth Toshiba Stack\WirelessFTP.exe" /SimpleSend /F"Sending to Phone" /B%phone% "%file%"

"Sending to Phone" is the title of the status window that opens.
    %phone% is the MAC Address of the target phone
    %file% is the path to the file.

Regular Contributor

I will give a small word of warning though. Sometimes (maybe 1 out of 100 sends) the WirelessFTP process will hang and I'll have to kill it. When that happens, the only way I've found to get Bluetooth connectivity back is to reboot the PC. I'm guessing that the manager running in the background and my call to wirelessftp.exe both stomp on the same resource, but that's just a guess.

I do at least 20 sends a day with it and it only causes a problem once every 4 or 5 days though, so it's not been a big deal.

I have a 'little solution' for java, (under bluecove).

That's the obex profile, after many tries i found this example, ( http://bluecove.sourceforge.net/apidocs/index.html )

Now other problem is that i can't send a video (3gp file),someone knows wich is the header for this?

ps, sorry by my english.

Greetings from Chile !