Discussion Board

Assistance Finding A Research Direction, v Deux

Hello,

I recently purchased an E90 Communicator which is S60. I would like to write an application that evaluates the contents of SMS, MMS and EMS messages prior to me reading them. Specifically, I want to be able to send a message to the device and have the application create an entry in the Calendar.

What parts of the S60 SDK should I be looking at? Are there any online references that I should read, both Symbian and non-symbian? If so, what are they?

Thank You

-V-

p.s. I posted the same question in General Discussion and netted 0 results.
    I Never *Try* Anything.

I Just Do It.

Nokia Developer Moderator

Re: Assistance Finding A Research Direction, v Deux

Note that everything has a search field, if you are interested in the Calendar, you can type calendar into the search page of the Wiki, and you will get a pretty good hit. It also works with the SDK Help, however the related classes do not contain the word Calendar, the CCal... names occur rather frequently in the hit list, especially if you order the hits by title.
    SMS and messaging are a bit tougher, since if you type them one by one into the Wiki, you get almost useless hits. However if you combine the two (sms messaging), you can find useful pages.
    Also note that Forum Nokia itself (the main site) has a large number of examples and documentation. Visit www.forum.nokia.com, and click on Documentation / Symbian C++ on the left panel. There you will find a complete section about "Messaging", and "PIM" (Personal Information Management) section contains something about the Calendar too.

Re: Assistance Finding A Research Direction, v Deux

Hiya,

Thank You. That's what I needed.

If anyone reading this knows of non-symbian sites that talk about accessing SMS (MMS/EMS too) messages as they come in and manipulating the calendar, please mention it.

-V-
    I Never *Try* Anything.

I Just Do It.