Discussion Board

Pc to Nokia 7650

Hi i am a newbie and i was just wondering, could my Nokia 7650 be used as a modem to send MMS to other MMS enabled phones? And is there any cable or way for my PC to connect to my phone?

Regular Contributor

RE: Pc to Nokia 7650

There are some ways to do what you are wanting to do, although they might not be exactly what you are thinking about. I will give some facts you can work with to get started:
    * There is no possibility to connect a cable between 7650 and pc
    * You can connect 7650 and pc with infrared or bluetooth
    * You can build an application that receives data in message form from pc or any other device
    * You can build an application for 7650 that sends an MMS to another MMS enabled phone.
    * Using 7650 as a modem for a pc is not a straight forward thing to program, although there is faxmodem for that purpose already.

You could send your MMS material from PC to 7650 via IR or BT and have an application in 7650 receive it and send it further.

I hope this helps you get started with the application development.

Sincerely,
    Eero
    Forum Nokia

Regular Contributor

RE: Pc to Nokia 7650

For MMS, see Forum Nokia's Symbian Downloads and an example application
    "MMS Sending Application Example v1.2 for Symbian Series 60"

There are bluetooth examples on the Series 60 SDK for Symbian OS, you can get started with those. You need to code the application for the phone with C++ (Symbian).

On the PC side, you need to use some other resource to get started with bluetooth application.

Eero

Forum Nokia