Discussion Board

Regular Contributor

Which protected range UID is used for start with which cam make application express s

Hi to all,

I have made call recorder appliation which starts on restarting the phone,

to make this facility available i hv used start up resource file and its UID 0x06000005.

Now when i m going to sign my application with express signed it is giving me error that u r using UNPROTECTED RANGE, so which protected range of uid i cn used to make my application express signed?

Nokia Developer Moderator

Re: Which protected range UID is used for start with which cam make application expre

For Symbian Signed application releases you must use an UID allocated by Symbian and the range is 0x2???????
    -- Lucian

If you are not yet a DVLUP member it is time to correct that mistake :) Click here to join: http://www.dvlup.com/lucian/Invite

Regular Contributor

Re: Which protected range UID is used for start with which cam make application expre

thanks lucian,

but wht abt start up ?

for start up we use 0x600005 rss file and all that so is it ok if i use my protected UID range in this?

As described in the Wiki page you have used for adding the start-up feature, and in the SDK documentation, the resource name must be the same as the package UID (pUID) name. Usually this is the same as the UID3 of the application inside so in the same range.
    -- Lucian

If you are not yet a DVLUP member it is time to correct that mistake :) Click here to join: http://www.dvlup.com/lucian/Invite

Regular Contributor

Hi,

i got protected UID range is UID which is 0x2001BCD3, now to put my application i want one UID which is from protected range. Previously i am using 0x600005 as my start up UID which is UID3, now my question is which UID i cn use in place of this 0x600005 , so my application can work on start up?

0x2001BCD3 is from protected range so why not use it?

Please note that you cannot use a randomly generated protected UID, it has to be allocated by Symbian.
    -- Lucian

Super Contributor

You need to go to your symbian signed and request a block of UID's to be allocated to you.

Note: If you are planning on makeing the application freeware and not Symbian Signed then YOU will need to choose a random UID from the 0xExxxxxxx range, otherwise 3rd parties will not be able to sign the application.

UID's in the range 0x2xxxxxx can only be signed you.
    Download Symbian OS now! [url]http://developer.symbian.org[/url]