Discussion Board

Question Program to Fetch a web page & use regular expression to search & extract text pattern

Dear Friend,

I want to use the Nokia E90, among other things, to execute a program that will fetch a given URL / web site address over the GSM (GPRS+EDGE) internet connection and search and extract a given pattern of text and save the extracted pattern in a file in the phone memory/memory card. I intend to run this program in a loop where it will repeat the above action for several URLs.

My questions are:
    1) Can I do ths on the E90?
    2) What do I have to install to do this?
    3) What settings I have to make/change to do this?
    4) What will be the code of the program that will do this?

I am a data miner and not a software developer. My primary work involves running the above program and analyzing the results.

Eagerly looking forward to your your reply.

Sincerely,

D Mukherjee

Nokia Developer Moderator

Re: Program to Fetch a web page & use regular expression to search & extract text pat

Don't think that such software exists already although somebody can quickly put together a Python script for you.

Try posting a "job" offer here.
    -- Lucian

If you are not yet a DVLUP member it is time to correct that mistake :) Click here to join: http://www.dvlup.com/lucian/Invite

Re: Program to Fetch a web page & use regular expression to search & extract text pat

Quote Originally Posted by ltomuta View Post
    Don't think that such software exists already although somebody can quickly put together a Python script for you.

Try posting a "job" offer here.
    Hi,
    atleast you can tell me which language (runnable on E90) supports regular expressions? Also can I compile the program directly on the E90 without the help of any PC?

Please give me the name of the forum which I should follow to lear about this roblem?

Deb

Nokia Developer Moderator

The forum you're looking for is here.
    -- Lucian

If you are not yet a DVLUP member it is time to correct that mistake :) Click here to join: http://www.dvlup.com/lucian/Invite