Discussion Board

6310i and voice dialling with BT headset

I have a 6310i (firmware v5.22) and an Ericcsson HBH-30 BT headset. The 2 pair fine and I can make/receive calls but I'm unable to use the phones voice dialling feature.

I have contacted Nokia and have been informed that for voice dialling to work both devices have to support both "headset" and "handsfree" BT profiles. According to them the phone does but the headset doesn't. This I would find plausible except for the fact that my HBH-30 works with a T68i.

So in summary I have 2 questions:

Firstly should voice dialling work or is it just an interoperability "feature" between different manufacturers?

Then secondly what is the difference between "headset" and "handsfree" BT profiles?

I have searched the net and other forums but as yet have only managed to retrieve conflicting information.

RE: 6310i and voice dialling with BT headset

Its your 'Firstly'. It simply doesn't work with the 6310i. Maybe thats why it has been removed from the shelves by Nokia.

RE: 6310i and voice dialling with BT headset

I was under the impression though that the HDW-2 (when released) does support Voice Dialling with a 6310i?