Discussion Board

[moved] Not able to link S60 SDK in VS2003 and VS2005

HI,
    I tried installing Carbide.vs 3.1 on windows XP SP2, it asked me tro install S60 Forum SDK, VS2005 SP1, i downloaded and install both, but still in carbide.vs installtion wizard, its showing me to downaload S60 platforum SDk, i downloaded and installed that... May i know what can done for this problem.

Similarly i tried installing Carbide.vs 2 on windows XP SP2, i also installed VS2003 SP1 and S60 SDK. Now iam able to install carbide.vs 2 successfully. Then i started creating new symbian project from VS2003, there its asking me to bind S60 SDK, but iam not able to enable any of the SDKs even though i have already installed. Please let me know what can be done to resolve this problem.

Regards

Nokia Developer Moderator

Re: [moved] Not able to link S60 SDK in VS2003 and VS2005

Please specify which SDK are you trying to use, there are several releases of the S60 SDK, some of them with multiple SDK versions.

See this as a starting guide, with accent on reading the release notes for each of the products, in the release order, to see which tool matches which and to learn of any known issues.

HI,

I have installed S60-3.2-SDK-f.inc3.2130.

While installting Carbide.vs 3.1, it took me to Nokia forum website and downloaded from there and installed.

As the article recommended above tells selecting the latest SDK is not always the smarted move. Of course, if you really needed then by all means, please use it. But make sure you read the release notes, there is a link there pointing you to a page in the wiki where a workaround for your problem is provided.

HI,
    Iam able to install S60_3rd_FP2_SDK on windows XP SP2 successfully. My problem is when i try installing Carbide.vs 3.01, it asks for S60 SDK download from nokia site. I already downloaded from nokia site and installed successfully, still it asks. How to go ahead in installing Carbide.vs 3.0.1 version.

Is it possible to install Carbide.vs 3.0.1 on Windows XP SP2?
    Please point out to me if there are any workarounds for this problem?

Quote Originally Posted by ltomuta View Post
    As the article recommended above tells selecting the latest SDK is not always the smarted move. Of course, if you really needed then by all means, please use it. But make sure you read the release notes, there is a link there pointing you to a page in the wiki where a workaround for your problem is provided.
    I could of course point you directly to the wiki page but that would be just a temporary solution and there are is so much more info in those release notes that you should really read and be aware of.