Discussion Board

Thumbs down Bluetooth Connection on Nokia not working even signed by Thawte, Please help me

I had signed my bluetooth app by Thawte Cert, also i have given permission for io.connector.bluetooth.client and server and manual permission as conectivity->always allowed. Now my application used to search bluetooth enabled device and send and receive text from them running same service UUID, but surprisingly it asks for permission to accept the request for connection from other devices although it is signed app. I know that Sensor app by Nokia works silently without any prompt , then is it because it is in Manufacturer domain and mine in Third Party Domain.

Please help to resolve this issue, Thanks.

Nokia Developer Moderator

Re: Bluetooth Connection on Nokia not working even signed by Thawte, Please help me

I have received your mail, but I have absolutely no experience with Bluetooth on JavaME.
    Anyway, check this http://wiki.forum.nokia.com/index.ph...curity_Domains if it helps, and try asking your question in the Java board (click back to "Developer Discussion Boards" on the top, there you will find Programming Languages / Mobile Java), since it is a Java-specific question.

Super Contributor

Re: Bluetooth Connection on Nokia not working even signed by Thawte, Please help me

Could you tell a bit more what is really problem? Do you expect that it will not ask you any security promt since you are using same service UUID in different device? Could you clarify more about your problem?

Yes i don't wont to be prompted for bluetooth connectivity by other devices

Super Contributor

Hi,
    Then the device must be paired and authorized other wise you can't use command line (at least it looks to me like this).