Discussion Board

PAMP install woes

I had the latest MWS installed and decided to add PAMP. I installed pamp_1_0_1.sis and every time I click the PAMP icon I get "System Error". What can be done? The phpinfo page appears correctly, so PHP must be working. I installed the PAMP MySQL client and it says the server is not running. How do I fix this?

Both MWS and PAMP are in the phone root. I plan on installing Wordpress or something similar. I haven't seen any instructions for moving the document root. Should I just reinstall?

Nokia Developer Expert

Re: PAMP install woes

Hi,

Sorry for not responding earlier.
    Quote Originally Posted by eliotphillips View Post
    I had the latest MWS installed and decided to add PAMP. I installed pamp_1_0_1.sis and every time I click the PAMP icon I get "System Error". What can be done? The phpinfo page appears correctly, so PHP must be working. I installed the PAMP MySQL client and it says the server is not running.
    I could repeat this and I'm absolutely puzzled of what's going on. Right now I cannot look into this deeper, but I will do that as soon as possible.

How do I fix this?
    Download the pamp_mysql_1_0_1.zip archive and install the contained MySQL sis file. That'll give you MySQL and a DBMS application from which to start it. The PAMP icon will still cause "System error", but that doesn't matter much as it merely allows you to start httpd and MySQL without starting MWS.

Both MWS and PAMP are in the phone root. I plan on installing Wordpress or something similar. I haven't seen any instructions for moving the document root. Should I just reinstall?
    Basically you should be able to move the document root by moving "c:\data\web server\htdocs" where you want to have it, and by adjusting DocumentRoot and the relevant <Directory> entries in "c:\data\web server\conf\httpd.conf" accordingly. It might be simpler to just reinstall.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Johan
    Last edited by jhnwkmn; 2008-07-29 at 21:28.

Nokia Developer Expert

Quote Originally Posted by eliotphillips View Post
    How do I fix this?
    Create the directory C:\Data\Apache.

Apparently that directory existed on the devices I used when I the tested MWS/PAMP interoperability - sigh.

Johan

Nokia Developer Expert

There's now a package - pamp_1_0_1b.zip - at SourceForge that creates the C:\Data\Apache directory at installation time. So now, installing PAMP over MWS really should work out of the box.

Johan