Discussion Board

Regular Contributor

Exclamation Build is disabled in Carbide v1.3 !!!

I have checked out a project from our svn repository into carbide v1.3, this project was developed using carbide v1.1.

After successful checkout, the carbide requested to run the update tool to port the project from carbide v1.1 format to carbide v1.3

Now when I try to build the application using carbide, (right click on the project folder > Build configuration) I found out that the buttons are disabled the "set active" & "Manage..." meaning it is not configured to an SDK. (Note: projects created locally using carbide v1.3 works fine will all installed SDKs on device)

I don't know how to fix this problem? What extra information do you require to help me in fixing this situation?

Nokia Developer Moderator

Re: Build is disabled in Carbide v1.3 !!!

Check it in the menu: Project / Properties / Carbide.c++ / Carbide Build Configurations / Manage... too, if it behaves differently (sometimes it does).

Regular Contributor

I would like to indicate that for this particular project when I checked the menu and went to the project properties I can't find the carbide.c++ option

I suggest that a manual cleanup of the project is in order. Remove all the non-symbian files generated by Carbide.c++ v1.1, update the Symbian project files and then import the project into Carbide. No conversion/update of the project would then be required would be required.

This of course might not work with the UI designs but if you have any of them then maybe using Carbide.c++ 1.2 as an intermediary filter would help you get the job done.

Regular Contributor

update the Symbian project files and then import the project into Carbide.
    On what basis would I do the update for the symbian project files? This also falls under my other post question "Explain Project Updating v1.1 to v1.3" http://discussion.forum.nokia.com/fo...d.php?t=139872

What I meant is that you have to make sure that you have valid bld.inf and *.mmp files, those are the files which contain the Symbian C++ project. They are not dependent in any way on Carbide's version, it is just that Carbide.c++ 1.1 might have failed to update them properly.

So, the aim is to break the Carbide.c++ dependency, and make sure that the project can be built with command line tools.

Then you can import it back into Carbide.c++ 1.3.1 and continue working with it.