Originally Posted by kibi1
Assume that the value is stored in a CenRep file, do the following steps,
1. Start the S60 3rd Edition FP2 emulator and then enter the "Settings" application.
2. Remember the default value of the Power-saver timeout setting (15s) and then modify it (to 25s, for example), and then exit the "Settings" application
3. Search in the 'epoc32' folder for recently changed files, there are several modified .cre files.
make a copy of them
4. Enter the "Settings" application and then modify the setting again (to 30s, for example), and then exit the "Setting" application
5. Search in the 'epoc32' folder again for recently changed files, still the .cre files. Compare them to the copies made in step 3, and we can see only the 101f877c.cre is changed, and actually only one byte is changed from 0x19 (25s) to 0x1E(30s), so it is must be the one we are looking for.
6. Check the "\epoc32\release\winscw\udeb\z\private\10202be9\101f877c.txt", the key of the item with default value 15 is 0x8, so I guess it is the key for backlight timeout.
0x8 int 15 16777216 cap_rd=alwayspass cap_wr=WriteDeviceData
You can make a further confirmation by code:
TInt timeout = 0;
CRepository* cenrep = CRepository::NewLC(TUid::Uid(0x101F877C));