Discussion Board

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: Add application shortcut in standby apps...

Also, "Yep, you could add shortcuts to the buttons with API found from the API plug-in". I assume this API is the ScShortcuts Engine Wrapper API?

Therefore, to programatically set the idle screen left-soft-key label and application it points to, I assume I need:
    - S60 3rd Edition SDK for Symbian OS, for C++, MR: ScShortcuts Engine Wrapper API, via a partnering request.
    - Symbian OS, for C++, supporting FP1: As above, but via a 2nd separate partnering request.
    - S60 3rd Edition SDK for Symbian OS, for C++, FP2: TBD, via a 3rd separate partnering request.
    - S60 5th Edition SDK for Symbian OS, for C++: TBD, via a 4th separate partnering request.

Correct? Thanks.

Super Contributor

We did Pre FP2 under one support+partnering and Post FP2 under another support+partnering
    Note: You cannot just make a partnering request, you need to have a support request in place to make sure the justification for using the API has been approved and the correct API for the use case you require is identified.
    Download Symbian OS now! [url]http://developer.symbian.org[/url]

Great, thanks.

But what is the name of the API needed for "Post FP2 under another support+partnering"? Above thread indicates it is not "ScShortcuts Engine Wrapper API" post FP2?

Nokia Developer Moderator

you can specify the that you need to API that is replacing the "ScShortcuts Engine Wrapper API", for this case, I know by fact that is has been identified and tested for making application shorts cuts, so if your use case is only for applciation short cuts, then you can open the API partnering request directly.

Super Contributor

As I said, you can't skip the support request part - you HAVE to raise a support request THEN if that is approved raise a partnering request IF there is an approved API for you to use.

Post FP2 the code is in the Symbian Foundation source if you are a foundation member
    Download Symbian OS now! [url]http://developer.symbian.org[/url]

Nokia Developer Moderator

I can grant the skipping this time, if the request is for making application shorts cuts to the Idle screen, in a way that there will be a icon shown for the shortcut and it will launch applciation. That particuler use case has been investigated and there should be a ready made example available also for 3rd FP2.

Usually you must go through the technical support, anyway, one of teh reasons I'm active here, is to see whether there is possibility to cut processsing on some tasks, and in this case it is possible, provided that the use case is excatly as mentioned.

The use case is exactly as follows:
    - S60 client is installed (SIS file downloaded over-the-air).
    - S60 client programatically sets the textual string displayed on the right-soft-key in the idle screen.
    - S60 client programatically sets the application pointed to by the right-soft-key in the idle screen to be itself.

Thanks.