Discussion Board

S60 3rd FP1 emulator autoclose problem

After switching to S60_3rd_FP1 SDK I've found out that when launching application from carbide, emulator started to automatically launch the application (without me having to find it in the menu). That's great, but there seems to be a related problem - emulator also closes silently and automatically as soon as the application closes/crashes. So how can I see the panic code for the error which caused a crash? I'm sure the emulator would display it (as it displayed NCNlist panics before patching), but instead it's just closed before I can see anything. :-/

Nokia Developer Moderator

Re: S60 3rd FP1 emulator autoclose problem

I wonder how the emulator know what application is it that you want to run/debug.

Could it be that in fact the IDE knows this and that in fact you can customize your launcher profile as needed, so that it starts either the application (and then closes the emulator too) or it starts the emulator and let's you start and stop the application?

I'm guessing you're using Carbide.c++ so have a look on its help and menus to get the thing figured out. If you have more questions see you on the Carbide.c++ forum. :)

Yes, I'm using Carbide.C++ 1.3, but I couldn't find anything related in its options/preferences so far. Besides, I didn't have this autolaunch/autoclose feature with S60_3rd_MR SDK, so I thought it might depend on it somehow.

Nokia Developer Moderator

From Carbide's menu, Run -> Open Run Dialog ...

If you want the emulator to be run make sure to have epoc.exe as the process to launch. Otherwise put your application's exe name there.

Easy!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thanks, it seems to work better now after I changed it to point to epoc.exe instead of application's executable. At least now I see some panics. :)