Discussion Board

Problem with S60 Internet Radio and Emulator v3

Hi

I am trying to run the S60 Internet Radio application on the emulator using SDK FP2 v3.0

When it starts it appears in File Player mode and no option to change to Internet Radio is given.

Does anyone know why this might be? I thought it may be because the emulator could not find an internet connection, but it seems to be ok for web access etc.

Thanks for your help!

Adam

Nokia Developer Moderator

Re: Problem with S60 Internet Radio and Emulator v3

since you have the source codes, you could debug and see what causes the option to be not shown while running it in the emulator.

Nokia Developer Champion

well when it is trying to connect, there should be some code which is picking up some default access point and the reason you are not seeing the question... as said, you can easily debug and change that option to always ask , or even remember and specify which access point to use
    Amit Kankani
    Nokia Developer Champion

Unhappy Re: Problem with S60 Internet Radio and Emulator v3

Quote Originally Posted by adamlah View Post
    Hi

I am trying to run the S60 Internet Radio application on the emulator using SDK FP2 v3.0

When it starts it appears in File Player mode and no option to change to Internet Radio is given.

Does anyone know why this might be? I thought it may be because the emulator could not find an internet connection, but it seems to be ok for web access etc.

Thanks for your help!

Adam
    Yes i have the same exact problem. Can anyone help please?????

Yes, you have the same problem that many have, you don't read before posting
    If the solution provided in this old thread does not work you are supposed to say so, and explain how it does not work, instead of just stating that you have "the same problem"

This is particularly ODD since we're talking about an open source project, with nothing stopping you to identify the problem and fix it on your own. Ok, at least identify it.
    -- Lucian

If you are not yet a DVLUP member it is time to correct that mistake :) Click here to join: http://www.dvlup.com/lucian/Invite

Quote Originally Posted by ltomuta View Post
    Yes, you have the same problem that many have, you don't read before posting
    If the solution provided in this old thread does not work you are supposed to say so, and explain how it does not work, instead of just stating that you have "the same problem"

This is particularly ODD since we're talking about an open source project, with nothing stopping you to identify the problem and fix it on your own. Ok, at least identify it.

Who died & put you in charge?!?! If you dont have or dont know the solotion then you should keep your comments to yourself

I'm just an end user not a developer I was doing a search on Google and this came up and I thought I would post it here hoping that some one can guide me through the fix. All I did was downloaded the s60 radio thing from the nokia site and it didn't work and I didn't know who else to ask.

Searching for a keyword with Google is easy to do. Sorting out which search result is relevant ... not so much, it seems.

This is a site for software developers and software development related discussions. If you're not planing to do some development work then you're wasting your time here, and unfortunately also ours.

Nokia's product support is far away from here, at http://www.nokia.com/support A discussion board for end-users can be found at http://discussions.europe.nokia.com

Happy browsing!
    -- Lucian

If you are not yet a DVLUP member it is time to correct that mistake :) Click here to join: http://www.dvlup.com/lucian/Invite