Discussion Board

Downloading Midi Problems with Nokia 3510

Please help me, I have small prolem.

When I first bought my phone(N3510), I can surf and download poly-tones from my personal wapsite. But lately, I can still suft my personal wapsite, but I CANNOT DOWNLOAD THE POLYTONES ANYMORE. I keep on surfing and and start all over again, but still I cannot download the polytones(ie. mission.mid) and keeps on displaying (File Format Unknown). What seems to be the problem? But my brother (using 6610) still enjoying surfing (and downloading) my personal wapsite. We have the same service provider and the same gprs connection. Please help me whats wrong with my phone? Do I need to upgrade my firmware? My firmware now is Version 3.11.

Thank you in advance and please help me. Thanks

Regular Contributor

RE: Downloading Midi Problems with Nokia 3510

Hi!

Could you post here the URL to your WAP site so that we can test downloading some midi ringing tones?

Kind regards,
    Satu/Forum Nokia Developer Support

Regular Contributor

Hi!

I tested your service with the Nokia 3510 I have (software version 3.37) and I was able to download polyphonic ringingtones. Upgrading the phone software might solve the problem because it seems that there is nothing wrong with the files themselves or the connection settings you are using.

Kind regards,

Regular Contributor

Hi!

Thanks, it is nice to hear that you are pleased with our support. I tested downloading the Java game from your WAP site with my Nokia 6100 but did not succeed. What is the file size of the Java MIDlet? Have you been able to download it to any other phones? Have you created the .jar file according to the instructions and defined the correct MIME types for .jad and .jar files to the web server (text/vnd.sun.j2me.app-descriptor and application/java-archive)?

Kind regards,