Discussion Board

How to use a Nokia 7650 and a Palm Tungsten T with Bluetooth

As there seems to be no driver available: does anybody know how to use a Nokia 7650 and a Palm Tungsten T with Bluetooth?

RE: How to use a Nokia 7650 and a Palm Tungsten T with Bluetooth

i have the same problem .
    palm say that now it' s impossible
    for me it's only a problem of "stringa" of initializazion,
    and you? what you think?

RE: How to use a Nokia 7650 and a Palm Tungsten T with Bluetooth

Hi,

what do you try to achieve ? Internet is working flawlessly for me as well as sending SMS...

Andreas

An explanation would be nice

Just saying yes I can do it why can't you will not win you any brownie points.

An explanation of how you did it when the Palm Tungsten T does not have any drivers available for the Nokia 7650 would be very interesting to alot of people.

It's ture, unless nokia release a driver for 7650, it would not work with any palm well. I keep having problme with the 7650 connect with the Clie NX70 via Ir. even I use bluetooth, I cannot make any SMS applications working. Check this out:

fun4palm FAQ - fMML
    Is there support for the Nokia 7650?

Unfortunately, the Nokia 7650 cannot be used in a sensible way with funSMS. It stores incoming messages under the file "archive" where they are not accessible through the modem with AT commands. You can use the 7650 only for sending messages with the setting "Nokia 8250 infrared".
    Nokia uses a proprietary protocol for their internal phone book which they do not publish to third party software developpers like us. Therefore you cannot use the special phone book features with funBOOK.

You need the latest version of the firmware on your 7650. To find that out the code is *#0000#. I was running 3.12 and was having trouble connecting to the web.

If the version is not 4.39 (which I beleive is the latest version), you need to take your 7650 to a Nokia Service Centre to get it upgraded. It took about 45 minutes to get mine done.

I can now connect my Tungsten T to my 7650 usiing the 6310i drivers.