Discussion Board

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

How to Send SMS Messages using Visual Basic 6.0 or Active Server Pages

Iam new to this network and iam working as Software Web Application Developer . Right now i have got a new requirement , where i have to send SMS messages to mobile devices . Right now Iam working on VB6.0,ASP,COm/DCOM,XML etc and i don't know how to proceed . Can u please tell me how should i proceed for sending SMS to cell phones using VB6. If u give me some sample Code it will be very helpful to me as i have to finish the feature in another 1 week .

thanxs , Abilash

Nokia Developer Expert

RE: How to Send SMS Messages using Visual Basic 6.0 or Active Server Pages

Hi!

Have a look for Nokia PC Connectivity SDK, it includes some VB examples how to send SMS messages using phone connected to PC.

Teemu / Forum Nokia

OK, im a newbie myself looking to send/receive SMS messages ? Got a nokia 6210. What sort of lead do i need to connect the PC the phone ?

I recommend that you have a look at www.aspsms.com . I've used it and it's a good service with great code examples.

/Niklas

Wink Re: How to Send SMS Messages using Visual Basic 6.0 or Active Server Pages

Quote Originally Posted by mabilash
    Iam new to this network and iam working as Software Web Application Developer . Right now i have got a new requirement , where i have to send SMS messages to mobile devices . Right now Iam working on VB6.0,ASP,COm/DCOM,XML etc and i don't know how to proceed . Can u please tell me how should i proceed for sending SMS to cell phones using VB6. If u give me some sample Code it will be very helpful to me as i have to finish the feature in another 1 week .

thanxs , Abilash
    Open "COM4:300,N,8,1,BIN,CD0,CS0,DS0,OP0,RS,TB160,RB160" For Random As #1
    Put #1, , "AT+CMGF=1" & Chr$(13)
    Put #1, , "AT+CMGS=" & Chr$(34) & "00905423870000" & Chr$(34) & Chr$(13)
    Put #1, , "sonunda" & Chr$(26)
    Close #1

Re: How to Send SMS Messages using Visual Basic 6.0 or Active Server Pages

[QUOTE=mabilash]Iam new to this network and iam working as Software Web Application Developer . Right now i have got a new requirement , where i have to send SMS messages to mobile devices . Right now Iam working on VB6.0,XML etc and i don't know how to proceed . Can u please tell me how should i proceed for sending SMS to cell phones using VB6. If u give me some sample Code it will be very helpful to me as i have to finish the feature in another 1 week .

thanxs , vanitha

Iam new to this network and iam working as Software Web Application Developer . Right now i have got a new requirement , where i have to send SMS messages to mobile devices . Right now Iam working on VB6.0,XML etc and i don't know how to proceed . Can u please tell me how should i proceed for sending SMS to cell phones using VB6. If u give me some sample Code it will be very helpful to me as i have to finish the feature in another 1 week .

thanxs , vanitha

Question Re: How to Send SMS Messages using Visual Basic 6.0 or Active Server Pages

Iam new to this network and iam working as Software Web Application Developer . Right now i have got a new requirement , where i have to send SMS messages to mobile devices . Right now Iam working on VB6.0,XML etc and i don't know how to proceed . Can u please tell me how should i proceed for sending SMS to cell phones using VB6. If u give me some sample Code it will be very helpful to me as i have to finish the feature in another 1 week .

thanxs , vanitha[/QUOTE]

Quote Originally Posted by beetech
    Hi beetech,

There are several ways to do. Two common ways are:

1. send sms through an sms provider by http

2. send sms through a gsm phone by AT commands

If you know http well, the first way is easier and there's almost no new thing to learn.

If you go the second way, you have to learn how to program with AT commands and COM ports.

See this tutorial for further information.

Hi,

Why don't you try Txtimpact.

They provide Activ X as wel as HTTP API.

Here is the site

http://www.txtimpact.com/

Try it............

Quote Originally Posted by mabilash View Post

thanxs , Abilash

Hi Abilash,

I have tried a third party software

If you want try it, they are good one

here are the names.

http://www.txtimpact.com/
    http://www.wire2air.com/

Can somebody help me im working on a project right now, can anyone show me some codes for visual basic 6.0 and what software or activex should be use?

Question Re: How to Send SMS Messages using Visual Basic 6.0 or Active Server Pages

Hi im Jesse and im a student. my question is how can i activate my HyperTerminal i cant connect it with my Nokia 5300 XpressMusic.

Thank you!