Discussion Board

Question How to display a SVG with Chinese text element on mobile phone?(use JSR226)

Hi,all.
    I displayed a SVG with Chinese text element, but Chinese text did not dispalyed normally. Does anyone have some suggestions?
    thanks!

Super Contributor

Re: How to display a SVG with Chinese text element on mobile phone?(use JSR226)

Perhaps you could also explain what "not dispalyed normally" means? What exactly was displayed (reply with a link to a screenshot that shows what really happened)?

And it might be a good idea to also say which phone model you are using, and also post the relevant piece of code that you wrote.

Also, tell us if it works on the emulator and not on the device, or did you just try on the emulator?

And which SDK and IDE did you use?

Quote Originally Posted by petrib View Post
    Perhaps you could also explain what "not dispalyed normally" means? What exactly was displayed (reply with a link to a screenshot that shows what really happened)?

And it might be a good idea to also say which phone model you are using, and also post the relevant piece of code that you wrote.

Also, tell us if it works on the emulator and not on the device, or did you just try on the emulator?

And which SDK and IDE did you use?
    I used NetBean 6.01 and WTK 2.5, there is a demo which name is SVGContactList, I just modufy SVG file "loadScreen.svg", replaced "application loaading" with "数据传输中...", then text became unrecognizable.
    I am a newer here, I am sorry I don't know how to add a link, If someone can help me, please tell me your email, I will send detail to you. thanks~~~~
    Sorry for my poor english!

Is there anyone can help????please
    thanks all~~~

Super Contributor

If you are trying to do it on an actual phone, are you trying to do this on a phone that has Chinese language support in the first place (i.e., primarily, does it have Chinese fonts installed as system/default fonts)?

Or, are you trying to do this just on a PC/emulator? Is the PC operating system (Windows, Linux, whatever) Chinese (does it have Chinese fonts installed and in use by/for the emulator)?

And a picture/screenshot (post the address of the site where you have such a picture/screenshot) explaining what "unrecognizable" (or "not displayed normally") looks like, would be most helpful.

However, if instead of the Chinese character showing up, you just see an empty square/box symbol, then it is an indication that the font you are trying to use simply does not have the corresponding Chinese character at all.

If that's not what you are seeing, then we most definitely need the picture/screenshot (or a better, more detailed, explanation).