Discussion Board

Silent ring/answer

Hi.

Does anybody now if someone has created (or can create) a program/script for symbian 9 (I have a Nokia N95 8g, version: 20.0.016) that can do the following:

Pre definde the phone to answer a specific number and answer the call silently without any indication on the phone ("silent mode"), so that you can listen to the surroundins of the phone.
    Kind of like the option some of the spyphone companies claim to have out there on the web.
    The problem is that I dont trust them, and I dont want to end up with losing a lot of money.

If someone is wondering why I want this feature, I can tell you this much.

1. I dont plan to abuse this feature, I am simply not that kind of person.
    2. I have a son, and I am truly worried everytime he is with his mom. I need to know if she is treating him nice.

So please, If you know have som "inside" information on this issue, please dont hessitate to answer: ove35ove@yahoo.no

Nokia Developer Champion

Re: Silent ring/answer

Hi Tom Friestand
    first of all a welcome in the forum nokia discussion boards.
    i think the features you want will be bit difficult to design in python moreover as far as i know we dont have anything in python through which we can receive a call.
    But if you are really interested you can go for writing an extension in symbian c++ which will contain all the features.

Nokia Developer Moderator

Re: Silent ring/answer

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Freistrand View Post
    Hi.

Does anybody now if someone has created (or can create) a program/script for symbian 9 (I have a Nokia N95 8g, version: 20.0.016) that can do the following:

Pre definde the phone to answer a specific number and answer the call silently without any indication on the phone ("silent mode"), so that you can listen to the surroundins of the phone.
    Kind of like the option some of the spyphone companies claim to have out there on the web.
    The problem is that I dont trust them, and I dont want to end up with losing a lot of money.

If someone is wondering why I want this feature, I can tell you this much.

1. I dont plan to abuse this feature, I am simply not that kind of person.
    2. I have a son, and I am truly worried everytime he is with his mom. I need to know if she is treating him nice.

So please, If you know have som "inside" information on this issue, please dont hessitate to answer: ove35ove@yahoo.no
    Hmph,
    A call Intraceptor !

Well, you can do that in PyS60 by arraging calls to be made to a specific number using the telephone module. But it won't be hidden

So its not elegant !

Best Regards,
    Croozeus
    Pankaj Nathani
    www.croozeus.com