Discussion Board

please make Nokia E71 firmware available to local Nokia Care centres

Dear Nokia care,

I live in Taiwan, but I recently bough a Nokia E71 (from Hong Kong). Initially the maps were working, but after I tried to install more maps (by following the Nokia guides and software available on the Nokia website) there were some problems, and now my maps application will not start at all.

I have been to the Nokia Care center in the 'America America' building, Taipei, Taiwan. The 'engineer' told me that they need to reinstall the device software (firmware, ROM).

However, they cannot do this, because "the Nokia E71 has just been released, and they do not have the firmware files, yet". I think this is a bit strange, you are selling a phone, but you do not have basic files required for repairs?

Anyway, I would appreciate it if someone from Nokia HQ could please transfer the appropriate files to Nokia Care, Taiwan, so that my phone can be fixed.

My model is:
    Type: RM-346
    Model: E71-1
    IMEI: 354855021166839
    Code: 0560654

Nokia Developer Moderator

Re: please make Nokia E71 firmware available to local Nokia Care centres

Welcome to the Forum Nokia Develore discussion board, as this DiBo concentrates on development related issues, you might find more end-user problems related Dibo better suited for your query. Here's link for one: http://discussions.europe.nokia.com/

I have had the same problem here in Poland on my E71. One day the maps/navigation just quit (and I lost all my photos, podcasts, etc, simultaneously). Everything still works, but the maps won't start even after repeated reinstallations as per the suggestion on the screen. Clearly, there is a glitch in the software that Nokia needs to fix.

If you have the same problem, you are also welcome and suggested to visit an end-user discussion board.

or you could try checking if the software updater has any updated firmware available.