Discussion Board

IMHO it is impossible to use CSendAs for BT / IrDA with 6.x

Hi Seppo,
    Sorry I ask again, but what you replied about CSendAs for BT & IrDA - I'm not satisfied at all.

1) I have found NO examples about CSendAs at all in Series 60 SDK ver.1.0 help as you mentioned.

2) Class CSendAs itself is not suitable to send objects derived from CObexBaseObject (e.g. files).

3) I have found in headers the constants "KUidMsgTypeIr" and "KUidMsgTypeBt" (by analogy to "KUidMsgTypeSMS" and "KUidMsgTypeSMTP" which are REALLY used for SMS and email, respectively). However please look at "IrcMTM.h": it contains "CIrClientMTM: public CObexClientMTM" (last assumed to be defined in "obexClientMTM.h&quot, but this file "obexClientMTM.h" and "obexMtmUtil.h" are just missing in SDK!
    IMHO CIrClientMTM and CObexClientMTM should be used for IrDA and BT MTM respectively, but they are just NOT implemented.

I think Nokia is doing something in that direction, but in current Series 60 SDK v.1.0 you cannot use both BT and IrDA with "high-evel API" like CSendAs.

Please give concrete links, filenames, docs, etc., if I am wrong!
    Otherwise please honestly confirm that I am right, so that other programmers shouldn't spend time on investgating non-exesting functionality you mentioned!
    No formal misterial replies please - just for improving your statistics

Nokia Developer Moderator

RE: IMHO it is impossible to use CSendAs for BT / IrDA with 6.x

Currently we don't have any Bluetooth specific example on using SendAs. Our current SendAs v1.0 Example Application in Symbian Downloads section deals with SMSes. However, that could be used as a starting point.

http://www.forum.nokia.com/symbianforum/main/1,,1_32_15,00.html

Seppo
    Forum Nokia

Nokia Developer Moderator

RE: IMHO it is impossible to use CSendAs for BT / IrDA with 6.x

You are right. SendAs is a simple-to-use interface that allows applications to package data into outgoing messages, and it only can be used for SMS, MMS, and email.

What you can use with Bluetooth, is sendui.h which creates a menu option to send files via Bluetooth, for example.

Sorry for this confusion and disinformation.

Seppo
    Forum Nokia