Discussion Board

Express sign...extension pythin library module(pyd) need to be symbian signed?

Hi friends i developed one application,in this application i used third party library module like extension python lib module(appswitch, blues),using unpack tool i was separated .pyd file and change uid to symbian protected uid i got it from symbian.now i included into my application package.finally i compiled and created sis file.i have to send to this SIS file to express sign.my doubt is whatever i included pyd(like _appswitch.pyd) need to be symbian signed first?or no need just i pass my application to express sign> pls reply me.........i need urgent.pls clear my doubt

Nokia Developer Champion

Re: Express sign...extension pythin library module(pyd) need to be symbian signed?

Quote Originally Posted by sevenhills View Post
    Hi friends i developed one application,in this application i used third party library module like extension python lib module(appswitch, blues),using unpack tool i was separated .pyd file and change uid to symbian protected uid i got it from symbian.now i included into my application package.finally i compiled and created sis file.i have to send to this SIS file to express sign.my doubt is whatever i included pyd(like _appswitch.pyd) need to be symbian signed first?or no need just i pass my application to express sign> pls reply me.........i need urgent.pls clear my doubt
    hi sevenhills
    please look at this new sticky thread it may help you.
    moreover i think you need to get signed every other module you are using.

Nokia Developer Champion

Re: Express sign...extension pythin library module(pyd) need to be symbian signed?

hi sevenhills
    please look at this new sticky thread it may help you.
    moreover i think you need to get signed every other module you are using.

EDIT: Strange i clicked only one to reply to this thread
    Anyways really sorry again for double posts

Enjoy Pythoning
    Gaba88

Super Contributor

my doubt is whatever i included pyd(like _appswitch.pyd) need to be symbian signed first?
    Only SIS files can be signed. Files in it (*.py, *.pyd, *.dll) cannot be (and do not need to be) individually signed.

Thanks jethro.fn....so no need to sign .pyd

Quote Originally Posted by jethro.fn View Post
    Only SIS files can be signed. Files in it (*.py, *.pyd, *.dll) cannot be (and do not need to be) individually signed.

Thanks jethro.fn....so no need to sign .pyd
    Even took .pyd from third party(extension module sis)library sis file and copy to my installation package and create one sis file also is it correct?

Super Contributor

Even took .pyd from third party(extension module sis)library sis file and copy to my installation package and create one sis file also is it correct?
    Yes. Please note that the UID of the *.pyd file must belong to you, and *.pyd files must be placed in \sys\bin on the phone.

Regular Contributor

Sorry for digging up this old post, but the discussion here seemed very relevant to something I've been trying to figure out for a while now.

[QUOTE=jethro.fn;451934]Yes. Please note that the UID of the *.pyd file must belong to you,[\QUOTE]
    How do I get a UID for the pyd file? And, how do I set it?
    Won't the UID codes be the same for all pyd's of the same kind?

and *.pyd files must be placed in \sys\bin on the phone.
    Is there any way to see if the dll has been placed in \sys\bin? Something like a file manager (something like windows explorer/nautilus) where we can actually see the contents of C drive and verify if a certain dll has been placed there?

Thanks

Nokia Developer Champion

Quote Originally Posted by kedarm View Post
    How do I get a UID for the pyd file? And, how do I set it?
    Won't the UID codes be the same for all pyd's of the same kind?
    I have never created a pyd file then also i think you can use the test range UID and AFAIK UIDs will be different for all pyds. You can get into symbian os basics and know the reason, thats very basic.

Quote Originally Posted by kedarm View Post
    Is there any way to see if the dll has been placed in \sys\bin? Something like a file manager (something like windows explorer/nautilus) where we can actually see the contents of C drive and verify if a certain dll has been placed there?

Thanks
    no there is no filemanager which provides you access to that caged directory and i think thats no possible simply.

Regards