Discussion Board

Do we have any SIM Toolkit experts in the room?

Hi all,

I'm hoping that somone here can clear me some questions up.

As some of you may have read in other threads i'm currently trying to find a way to kick start a USSD session from a J2ME applet running on a mobile device.

To cut a long story short, iv'e tried what seems like a million different methods, some partialy work some don't, and iv'e been going round in circles for 2 weeks now.

Anyway, iv'e eventually arrived at the Sim toolkit point, but there are some things i don't quite understand, so i'm hoping we have an expert in the forum that does understand this.

(and please, i'm not being unkind, but if all your going to do is say look at this link, then please - unless it specificly answers the questions i'm about to ask, don't post it, i must have read every reference i can find up to now :-) )

So to plod on...

Which side of the equation is STK on? mobile or sim?
    Acording to the smart card handbook by Wiley & sons, there is an STK command to do USSD, can this be called from the device?
    How do we call the APDU commands to pefrom FETCH, TERMINAL RESPONS and ENVELOPE from within the S40 & S60 SDK's?

Thanking anyone who replies in advance

Shawty

Super Contributor

Re: Do we have any SIM Toolkit experts in the room?

With SATSA-APDU you can connect to applets on the SIM card and also to the (U)SAT. Unfortunately connecting to SAT requires signing to operator domain.

I am not 100% sure, but I am quite sure that unless you get this signature for your MIDlet (and the phone also supports SATSA-APDU package) you will not achieve this (even if SAT would be able to start a USSD session, which I really do not know)

Hartti

Re: Do we have any SIM Toolkit experts in the room?

Thanks Harrati...

My main question really is that, can i call these APDU routines (Such as Send USSD) from a midlet (Signed or not) or do the calls have to be made from a caplett running on the java card, with the midlet then talking to said caplett?

Cheers

Shawty