×

Discussion Board

Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1. #1
    Regular Contributor
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    97

    Question problem in creating sis file in helloworldbasic app?

    Hi All,
    I just have helloworldbasic.zip which implements the Mobinfo lib to get network info. I imported the files (bld.inf) to my carbide.c++ IDE having s60 2 edition fp2 SDK. The build process goes well for Phone Release(THUMB), but for Phone Release(ARMI)and Emulator debug(WINSCW) it generates some error like "file not found:"..\..\..\epoc32\release\thumb\urel\HelloWorldBasic.APP" -"!:\system\apps\HelloWorldBasic\HelloWorldBasic.app". Also in sis directory the .pkg file is there, but after a success build for THUMB the sis file is not created in sis directory.
    i m unable to detect what is the error in creating sis file.

    The programs written in the helloworldbasic uses the mobinfo lib to get network info and somewhere it sues CActive classes. can't i use the simple methods in mobileinfo.h to get cell id without implementing any active class methos...is this mandotory..?

    mu phone is built on s60 2 edition fp2 sdk n so i m using the above lib to get cell id...plz guide me to remove the errors n create the sis file

    thanks...
    sanjay

  2. #2
    Super Contributor
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    9,968

    Re: problem in creating sis file in helloworldbasic app?

    show the console and problems window output ..

  3. #3
    Regular Contributor
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    97

    Re: problem in creating sis file in helloworldbasic app?

    this is the THUMB build result:
    CONSOLE->
    ===Build Command = build ARMI UREL -v===
    abld.bat build ARMI UREL -v
    ABLD ERROR: Project Bldmake directory "\Symbian\8.0a\S60_2nd_FP2\EPOC32\BUILD\SYMBIAN\8.0A\S60_2ND_FP2\HELLOWORLDBASIC\GROUP\" does not exist
    BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at C:\Symbian\8.0a\S60_2nd_FP2\epoc32\tools/ABLD.PL line 143.

    ***Build Complete

    ***Errors were detected in build. See the Problems or Console view for details.

    Total Time: 0 sec

    Problem Window Output->
    *************************
    Severity and Description Path Resource Location Creation Time Id
    ABLD ERROR: Project Bldmake directory "\Symbian\8.0a\S60_2nd_FP2\EPOC32\BUILD\SYMBIAN\8.0A\S60_2ND_FP2\HELLOWORLDBASIC\GROUP\" does not exist helloworldbasic line 0 1218529858435 148

    the helloworldbasic folder is in the same drive where my sdk and ide are..also i hav added the lib/dll of mobinfo in the respective directory of SDK...still i thnk some path related problem is happning..

    the helloworldbasic app should run ok on s60 2 edition fp2 phones..
    plz help..

    thanks a lot for the quick reply...
    sanjay

  4. #4
    Nokia Developer Moderator
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Oslo, Norway
    Posts
    28,751

    Re: problem in creating sis file in helloworldbasic app?

    "ABLD ERROR"
    "BEGIN failed--compilation aborted"
    "Errors were detected in build."

    Why it would be that huge success?

    Basic stuff:
    - Symbian toolchain does not like special characters and drive letters: make sure that everything (SDK, projects, Carbide workspace, and preferably Carbide too) is residing on the same drive, and paths containing spaces are not suitable for the SDK and projects
    - you need ActivePerl 5.6.1 635. 638 usually works too. 5.8.x, 5.10.y do not.

  5. #5
    Regular Contributor
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    97

    Re: problem in creating sis file in helloworldbasic app?

    Quote Originally Posted by wizard_hu_ View Post
    "ABLD ERROR"
    "BEGIN failed--compilation aborted"
    "Errors were detected in build."

    Why it would be that huge success?

    Basic stuff:
    - Symbian toolchain does not like special characters and drive letters: make sure that everything (SDK, projects, Carbide workspace, and preferably Carbide too) is residing on the same drive, and paths containing spaces are not suitable for the SDK and projects
    - you need ActivePerl 5.6.1 635. 638 usually works too. 5.8.x, 5.10.y do not.
    Hi,
    All my stuffs are in c:\ drive and i have perl 5.6.1.631. I am working with s60 2 edition FP2 sdk with carbide.c++v1.2 IDE. still those erros are coming ...

    In the release doc of 2 edition FP2 sdk, the mentioned perl version was 5.6.1.531, i searched for that version bt found nowhere. some suggested to use any version of 5.6.1.X. i used that...

    i dont have idea why such errors are coming...plz help..
    thanks n regards,
    sanjay

  6. #6
    Super Contributor
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    9,968

    Re: problem in creating sis file in helloworldbasic app?

    ABLD ERROR: Project Bldmake directory "\Symbian\8.0a\S60_2nd_FP2\EPOC32\BUILD\SYMBIAN\8.0A\S60_2ND_FP2\HELLOWORLDBASIC\GROUP\" does not exist
    then how come your THUMB build is successful.

    Try creating new helloworld application from vs2008, then try compiling.
    Last edited by skumar_rao; 2008-08-12 at 11:38.

  7. #7
    Nokia Developer Moderator
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    4,562

    Re: problem in creating sis file in helloworldbasic app?

    Quote Originally Posted by SanjayKhuntia View Post
    Hi,
    All my stuffs are in c:\ drive and i have perl 5.6.1.631. I am working with s60 2 edition FP2 sdk with carbide.c++v1.2 IDE. still those erros are coming ...

    In the release doc of 2 edition FP2 sdk, the mentioned perl version was 5.6.1.531, i searched for that version bt found nowhere. some suggested to use any version of 5.6.1.X. i used that...

    i dont have idea why such errors are coming...plz help..
    thanks n regards,
    sanjay
    Did you try building it from the commandline (Suggesting this in view of some post of yours somewhere where you had your carbide on D-drive which you just copied to C-drive, not installed it). So try building it in commandline and check.

  8. #8
    Regular Contributor
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    97

    Re: problem in creating sis file in helloworldbasic app?

    Hi,
    now i successfully created the sis file. the problem was in .pkg file in which all SOURCE path were specified as relative paths and i replaced them with Absolute path and the build process generated the sis file.
    but after installing the sis on my phone nokia 6630 n running it does not show anything...i cant guess out what s the prob?

    remember, i m using the Mobinfo third party library and the basic helloworld app implements the Mobinfo API to get network info and cell id..

    can anyone tell me what s the wrong with the lib or sis os my SDK?

    i m using the s60 2 edition FP2 on carbide.c++..

    plz give ur valuable suggestion...

    thnks,
    sanjay

  9. #9
    Nokia Developer Moderator
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    4,562

    Re: problem in creating sis file in helloworldbasic app?

    Quote Originally Posted by SanjayKhuntia View Post
    Hi,
    now i successfully created the sis file. the problem was in .pkg file in which all SOURCE path were specified as relative paths and i replaced them with Absolute path and the build process generated the sis file.
    but after installing the sis on my phone nokia 6630 n running it does not show anything...i cant guess out what s the prob?

    remember, i m using the Mobinfo third party library and the basic helloworld app implements the Mobinfo API to get network info and cell id..

    can anyone tell me what s the wrong with the lib or sis os my SDK?

    i m using the s60 2 edition FP2 on carbide.c++..

    plz give ur valuable suggestion...

    thnks,
    sanjay
    I believe you could build from command line as suggested. If so, then remember that carbide might be the culprit for the error messages.

    Anyway, I am not sure what you meant by 'does not show anything'. If you click on application and nothing happens, then probably you might need http://wiki.forum.nokia.com/index.ph...ded_panic_code
    If its something that you need regarding Mobinfo API, network info/cell id, then more info might be needed than just the SDK and IDE. Besides, my suggestion would be that you start a new thread highlighting the problem with appropriate subject to get attention from developers who know about the issue. But before that be sure to search the Discussion board and Wiki coz this has been discussed over and over again.

Similar Threads

  1. Error : Cannot find file : for DUMMIES
    By PACALA_BA in forum Symbian
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 2008-07-06, 13:18
  2. problem when importing from carbide c++ to vs 2003!
    By misfit.physics in forum Symbian Tools & SDKs
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 2008-02-19, 09:45
  3. problem regarding creating the sis file???
    By shivaprashanth in forum Symbian Tools & SDKs
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 2007-04-10, 10:29
  4. Problem creating SIS file from VS.NET 2003
    By gurdevsingh in forum Symbian Tools & SDKs
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 2006-08-28, 13:35

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
×